So you’ve got a great idea for a short film. All you need, are some actors, cameras, lights, sets, wardrobe and pretty much everything else that helps to create a decent flick.
All that stuff though, needs money. And that may be something that you just don’t have right now. If only someone would give you a break! Well now, the cause and solution to all of life’s problems, alcohol, is offering just such an opportunity to all the future senor Spielbergo’s out there. More after the jump.
Jameson is looking for writers/directors for the 2013 leg of their ‘First shot’ contest, which offers people interested into breaking into movies a chance to get their script approved and produced.
Jameson and Trigger Street Productions will help develop the winning script, which will also star Willem Dafoe in the leading role, alongside Kevin Spacey, for the lucky winner. Want to know how to enter? Here are the requirements:
- Entrants must be 25 years of age or older
- Scripts must be written based on one of three themes: ‘Legendary’, ‘humourous’ or a ‘very tall tale’
- Scripts must be no longer than seven pages on A4 paper with courier size 12 font
- Only entrants living in South Africa, Russia and the US (Except California) are allowed to enter
- No one under 25 may be depicted in your script
- Do not show excessive violence, drinking, use of weaponry, drunk driving or any drugs in your script
- No more than seven people should be in your cast
- Scripts must be submitted in english
- One entry per person, no writing teams allowed
Here’s a look at one of the previous winners of the First Shot contest, The Ventriloquist to give you an idea of the quality that the judges are looking for.
So get jamming, get creative and keep it fresh. For more details, head on over to the official website.