Zombies, mayhem and action! Sure, Resident Evil may have strayed slightly from it’s original survival-horror roots, but that doesn’t mean that the games have dipped in quality.
Resident Evil 6 is the latest title in the core series to be announced, and while it may have fans salivating more than a walking undead for it right now, details have been quite scarce so far.
Until now that is, as Capcom has just revealed tons of new details for Resident Evil 6.
And here they are.
- Setting: Chris Redfield may be in China, but don’t expect him to be anywhere real world from there, as the game will take place in the fictional coastal town of Lanshiang
- Resident Evil 6 will take place sometime in 2013
- Leon Kennedy has been recruited as a government agent by Adam Benford, the future American President, in order to fight against Bio-Terrorism
- Helene Harper, a fellow government agent like Leon, is apparently responsible for the latest incident
- Chris Redfield: The ex-S.T.A.R.S member who continued the fight against bioterrorism as the leader of the BSAA underwent a personal trauma some six months prior to the events depicted in RE6. In spite of this he has rejoined his BSAA colleagues in China to uncover a major bioterrorist attack.
- The mysterious third protagonist: We’re still trying to track down his real identity but we do know this man is a mercenary currently engaged in a bloody conflict in Eastern Europe where reports confirm that B.O.W.s are increasingly being used. One day, he’s told that he is the man to save the world. Whilst he doesn’t understand the implications of this, he does immediately think how much money he can make from it.
- Ingrid Hunnigan: A member of Field Operations Support (FOS), Ingrid has been working with Leon for a long time, and they share a mutual trust.
- Adam Benford: President of the United States and the man who hired Leon after the Raccoon City incident.
- Zombies: Yes they are back, but now they run, jump at you, even use weapons and as such are different from those encountered in previous games.
- J’avo: Named by the BSAA after the Serbian word for ‘demon’, the first J’avo made an appearance in the conflict zone of Eastern Europe about six months before the action of Resident Evil 6. The J’avo still exhibit certain human elements – such as the ability to understand speech, work together as a group and use weapons – but they are also incredibly aggressive and a number of their actions have regressed to pure instinct.
- When a J’avo takes damage it has the ability to regenerate itself. However if it is receives major damage then it will mutate that affected body part into a number of varied forms, meaning players will have to rethink their strategy and adapt to this unpredictability.
- Resident Evil 6 features an evolved control system allowing players to shoot whilst moving; slide; roll in any direction and to take cover along with the addition of an enhanced melee attack.
Last Updated: February 15, 2012