A picture says a thousand words, but since video games are juxtaposed images in sequential order, they can tell you a story with one trillion words. I think. I’m not certain how the adage goes, but leave that on my tombstone. Anyway, that’s the sort of perfect segue into this week’s second part of the 100 greatest video game quotes of all time.
Last week saw a few memories rekindled when lines from Grand Theft Auto V, Bioshock and Fallout 3. Memories of perfect one-liners, memorable lines and just sheer genius condensed into words. Here’s part 2 then, which keeps that word-train rolling on. In no particular order of course. And you can take that to the bank. The blood bank.
If you can’t watch the video above or you just prefer a collection of consonants and vowels, then here’s the full list of this week’s lines for you to peruse through.
- X-men Arcade – WELCOME TO DIE!
- Diablo II – Stay a while and listen.
- Devil May Cry 4 – And that is what you lack!
- Bulletstorm – I WILL KILL YOUR DICKS!
- Crysis 2 – They call me…Prophet.
- Crazy Taxi – Let’s go make some crazy money!
- Batman: Arkham City – Even after everything you’ve done…I would have saved you.
- Street Fighter series – HADOUKEN!
- Halo 3 – Wake me…when you need me.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Then I took an arrow in the knee.
- Mortal Kombat series – Your soul is mine!
- Resident Evil – You were almost a Jill sandwich!
- Duke Nukem 3D – It’s time to kick ass and chew bubblegum…and I’m all out of gum.
- Borderlands 2: Mr Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage – NOTHING IS MORE BADASS THAN TREATING A WOMAN WITH RESPECT!
- Bastion – The kid just rages for a while.
- Impossible Mission – Another visitor! Stay a while! STAY FOREVER!
- Professor Layton and the Curious Village – Every puzzle has answer.
- Assassin’s Creed 2 – It’s a-me! Mario!
- Overwatch – DIE DIE DIE!
- Call of Duty: Black Ops – YOU CAN’T KILL ME!
As always, drop a few ideas in the comments below. They might make it into my video as I get increasingly and creatively bankrupt, or they might already be in my list, waiting for next week’s post.
Last Updated: October 12, 2017