The upcoming Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon are likely the last core Pokémon games coming to Nintendo’s portable wonder, the 3DS. Dataminers have already got the game which is due out next week. They’ve started hacking away at its insides, revealing loads of details about the sort of digital critters you’ll be able to catch.
MEGA Spoiler Warning
Included in the leaks are new types of Ultra Beasts, the extradimensional monster from Ultra Space. They’re UB Adhesive, UB Assembly and UB Burst – all of which had been revealed before, but without their in-game names. Adhesive is called Poipole, which can evolve into Nagandel. Usually, Ultra Beasts don’t evolve. They’re not really considered Pokémon (most Pokeballs struggle to identify and capture them), but they can be caught with a Master ball. It seems Poipole will be a gift Pokémon – possibly from an event. UB Assembly is Stakataka and UB Burst is Blacephalon.
There are a few new Pokémon, including Naganadel and Zeraora. There are also some new crystals, in Solganium Z, Lunalium Z, Ultranecrozium Z, Mimikium Z, Lycanium Z, and Kommonium Z.
There’s a lot more that’s been collated (thanks, Pokejungle!). Remember, if you want to go in fresh, look away. LOOK AWAY!
- There are no new Alolan Forms
- UB: Adhesive evolves into Naganadel via level up with Dragon Pulse. Changing from pure Poison to Poison/Dragon upon evolution. A fast special attacker
- New Pokémon/Ultra Beast names are as follows:
- Poipole (UB: Adhesive) // Poison-type
- Naganadel (UB: Adhesive evolution) // Poison/Dragon-type
- Stakataka (UB: Assembly) // Rock/Steel-type
- Blacephalon (UB: Burst) // Fire/Ghost-type
- Zeraora (Mythical Legendary) // Electric-type, Fast and offensive with 600 BST
- Mimikyu’s Z-Move is called Snuggle Forever // Physical, Fairy-type, 190
- Plasma Fists – “The user attacks with electrically charged fists. This move changes Normal-type moves to Electric-type moves”
- Some music has leaked from the games, but we won’t be posting it here
- Ultra Space encounters aren’t shiny locked
- This has already been hinted at throughout pre-release, but it’s been confirmed that the worlds you visit via the Ultra Space have humans within them, and most can be battled
- Shiny hunters rejoice! The only things shiny locked are Necrozma, Solgaleo, Lunala, the Tapus, and gift Pokémon other than Poipole (highlight to view). All Ultra Space encounters are not shiny locked
- Necrozma has a third form called Ultra Necrozma. It transforms into this third form after using it’s Z-Move as Dusk Mane/Dawn Wings Necrozma in battle
- You battle Hau instead of Kukui for your first battle as Champion
- Team Rainbow Rocket’s objective is to rule the universe and build an army of Ultra Beasts
- Ash appears in the game code along side other NPCs, and may appear in game
- You are gifted a Pikachu that knows Surf for getting the top rank in all four Surf Spots. The NPC that gives it to you has a Pikachu that knows Fly
- The Kahunas in USUM are the same as in Sun & Moon
- The Elite Four in USUM consists of Hala, Olivia, Acerola, and Molayne
- The trials in USUM are the same as in Sun & Moon, except it adds on Mina’s Fairy Trial, and one “unknown” one (according to the game’s code)
- Mohn returns to the Aether Paradise
- Marowak, Araquanid, Togedemaru, and Ribombee are the new Totem Pokémon. The former three replace Salazzle, Wishiwashi and Vikavolt respectively
- You get Poipole as an in-game gift Pokémon
Last Updated: November 9, 2017