by Oethman Khan
Roughly every month, Turn 10 has releases a new pack of cars available for Forza 4 as DLC. This month the May Top Gear Download Pack comes with 10 new cars ranging from ridiculously fast to… well ridiculous. It’s set at a price of 560msp and not part of the seasons pass.
Is it worth buying?
The first car I jumped into was the Henessy Venom GT, which reached 404kmh, gained me achievements and badges as well as made the world shake. It’s great… on a straight road.
The rest of the cars in the pack I think are more for sentimental value or laughs. We have the AMC Pacer from the movie Wayne’s World, the classic Lotus Cortina and Austin Healey 3000. Then They’ve chucked in the Smart ForTwo… for those angry days when you feel like repeatedly smashing something into a wall as well as a SuperSportsVan whose sole benefit must be the large paint surface.
Unfortunately no Track DLC or music are included in the DLC, and while I’m sure each car has an appeal to someone out there… many of the dedicated Forza 4 players feel that more tracks would be very much welcome
Full list of cars
- 1965 Austin-Healey 3000 MkIII
- 1966 Lotus Cortina
- 1977 AMC Pacer
- 1990 Subaru Legacy RS
- 1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
- 2011 Ford Transite SuperSportVan
- 2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8
- 2012 Smart ForTwo
- 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
- 2012 Hennessey Venom GT
Reasons to buy
- You need to feel the speed of 400+kmh, unlock the speed demon achievement and badge
- You want to advertise your company online and paint its logo on the side of a van
- You’re more a fan of Wayne’s World than speed
- You’ve already driven the all the cars in the huge garage and need more
- You’re earning more money than your wife can spend
Reasons not to buy
- Do you really need more cars?
- Sadly no new tracks with DLC
- You would rather use 560msp to customize your avatar with a sexy Stig outfit