I’ve been holding off a bout of flu for what feels like forever now. Each and every single day, a minor symptom presents itself, and I’m forced to beat it back. Away sore throat! Be gone you cough! Down with you blocked nose! Gah – I don’t know how much longer I can hold out for!
Meanwhile, in recap land, let’s see what happened this week on Lazygamer…
So many good stories, so little time! Here’s everything that made us smile this week:
- We’re giving away a double ticket to Oppikoppi!
- Rise of the Tomb Raider coming to PS4 in October with new content and PlayStation VR support
- The new support sniper Ana is now officially playable in Overwatch
- FFXIV: A Realm Reborn celebrates 6 million users with free game time for lapsed players
- The first episode of Life is Strange is now free forever
- Valve issues CS:Go gambling sites with Cease and Desist letters
- The Xbox One S launches in August, expected to hit SA in November
Wow, these past few days have been filled with quite a bit of drama. Sexual assault, CS:GO gambling sagas, and the stealing of a “superformula”? No man, we only want to cover good news!
- Phantoml0rd is the next streamer under fire in the CS:GO gambling saga
- The CSGO Shuffle and Phantoml0rd drama continues
- Smash 4 caster VikkiKitty sexually assaulted at EVO 2016
- Dutch company accuses No Man’s Sky of stealing their “superformula”
Random Pokémon Stories
I’ve checked our log back to front, and the only real random stories we’ve covered this week all relate to Pokémon GO. We are so so so sorry (not really)!
- Shootings, stampedes, and more – Pokémon GO continues to inspire craziness
- Pokémon GO Plus will make catching Pokémon absurdly easy
- Razer have developed a chat app for Pokémon GO
- How to easily and instantly evolve Eevee in Pokémon Go
- Poke Radar is another service that’ll help you track down missing Pokémon
Is Darryn Batman Forever?
I don’t even bother checking the stats anymore. I just know he is by default!
Owlman of the Week
Spoiler: NOT DARRYN AGAIN! Well done Marco, you did real good! Wait, you wrote one article this whole week and won? This award is broken!
Header of the Week
I don’t know if many of you understood my header for the World of Warcraft: Legion pre-expansion update article (please see bonus content below for the source), but I’ll have you know that it’s amazing and I absolutely deserve this award without question. THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT… WOW!
Geoff deserves an honourable mention too for this excellent feature image on his article about Valve issuing CS:Go gambling sites with Cease and Desist letters. Well played old chap!
A Dutch company has accused No Man’s Sky of stealing their “superformula”. The plot thickens! That sure got you all talking – that article raked in a respectable 76 comments.
Comment of the Week
Damn you Hammer, damn you for winning this award again! I’ve seen this joke appear in at least three to four different forms this week, but yours was the first one I saw. So what happens to all those Pokémon you give to Professor Willow?
Bonus Premium Content
Coincidentally, Darryn gave me a video from the very same YouTube channel.
Last Updated: July 22, 2016