Nintendo’s 3DS is one of the most exciting bits of handheld tech to be unleashed on the gaming world – primarily thanks to its thaumaturgically powered 3D. Believe it or not, but it gets its Nipponese release next month, with a US and European release to follow in a month or two.
When it hits Japanese shelves in a few weeks, it’ll be accompanied by 8 games – just a handful of the titles announced for the platform. Hit the jump for the somewhat disappointing list of Japanese launch titles.
It’s not a terrible list of games, to be fair – but it is disappointing. Just 8 games, and only one developed by Nintendo? It’s not even a new Mario either – but rather a follow-up to the DS’ successful dog simulator, Nintendogs. This time, felines are along for the ride. Other standout titles are Super Street Fighter IV and Winning Eleven Soccer (Pro Evolution). It’s also nice to see ridge Racer there – because what’s a console launch without a little RRRIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDGE RAAAAAACCCCEEEEEER!
As you can see, the price of games for the system is quite a bit higher than current DS games – but hey they’re in 3D!
* Nintendogs + Cats (4,800Y/R400)
* Winning Eleven Soccer 3D (5,800y/R475)
* Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (4,800Y/R400)
* Samurai Warriors Chronicle (6,090Y/R500)
* Puzzle Bobble 3D (4,980Y/R410)
* Ridge Racer 3D (6,090Y/R500)
* Battle of the Giants: Dinosaurs 3D (5,040Y/R415)
* Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracles (5,980Y/R490)
Hopefully by the time the handheld launches locally, we’ll have a much bolstered library of launch titles.
Source : CVG
Last Updated: January 10, 2011