Yeah I know, this data usually goes up on a Monday, but thanks to a delay yesterday, it only arrived late. But enough banter! There were new arrivals on the American horizon last week, so once more, here’s who made what this past weekend and Monday.
Despite not rising to the occasion and several other box office predictions, the latest Batman film still debuted with a healthy take, knocking the fourth Ice Age film out of its winning streak, taking an amazing arachnid with it down a spot.
- The Dark Knight Rises – $160.8 Million
- Ice Age 4: Continental Drift – $20.4 Million
- The Amazing Spider-Man – $10.8 Million
- Ted – $10 Million
- Brave – $6 Million
- Magic Mike – $4.2 Million
- Savages – $3.3 Million
- Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Witness Protection – $2.2 Million
- Moonrise Kingdom – $1.8 Million
- To Rome with Love – $1.4 Million
This marks the fifth straight number one debut for the caped crusader, surpassing the previous film by a narrow margin of $2 million. Christopher Nolan’s final entry in the franchise most likely will not surpass the Avengers in ticket sales, but don’t count it out, as this film will more than likely turn a healthy profit over the long run.
Last Updated: July 24, 2012