Welcome to The Extras! A daily dose of all the smaller movie related news, clips and just plain cool stuff that you might have missed!
- So… have you watched Daredevil yet? No?…… Well how about now? Still no? Oh come on, guys. It’s absolutely incredible and easily the best thing Marvel has ever done on TV. Plus, if you haven’t watched it yet, then these newly released official pics of Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox) in the final costume he gets in the series could be considered a bit of a spoiler.
FYI, just like with the version worn by Ben Affleck in the Daredevil movie, I really, really dig the suit, but I’m not sold on the mask. It looks great in certain profiles, especially in the shadows, but full on in the light, it looks a bit silly. That being said, I’m willing to bet big money that either when The Defenders mini-series rolls around, or when Daredevil inevitable graduates to the movies, he’s going to have brand new duds.
- And keeping things Marvel-ous… We’ve previously been told that one of the reasons why Marvel haven’t done a solo Hulk movie again (PLANET HULK!!) is because Joss Whedon had specific plans for the character in his two Avengers movies. But as Hulk himself, Mark Ruffalo, just revealed, another reason may be because Marvel actually doesn’t have the rights to do so.
“As far as a Hulk movie, a standalone Hulk movie, Marvel doesn’t really have the rights to that yet. That’s still Universal’s property, so there’s that issue. That’s a big impediment to moving forward with that. Now I don’t think that’s insurmountable, by the way, but I don’t know where it’s going from here for me.”
Well that sucks.
- Poster of the day: Moon
- From science to magic! According to rumours, Eddie Redmayne – who just recently bagged an Oscar for his incredible portrayal of acclaimed physicist Steven Hawking in Theory of Everything – is apparently the top choice to lead Harry Potter spinoff Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them. If Redmayne got the gig, he would play Newt Scamander, a “magiczooligist” in the world of Harry Potter, though the movie would be set way before the events of those books.
- So remember that Power Rangers movie? No, not that one, I’m talking about the official, non-violent, “no badass Dawson” movie that Lionsgate is developing. Well, it may just have found itself a director in Project Almanac‘s Dean Israelite.
- And now, allow me to confuse many a heterosexual man’s genitals with this… disturbing Game of Thrones cosplay apparently labelled as Sexy Tyrion Lannister.
- Okay, okay, I’ll make it up to you guys after that. So here’s some proper amazing cosplay of by far the best character in Interstellar.
- You may recall that just before the release of The Expendables 3 last year, the film was leaked online much to the dismay of star Sylvester Stallone and the folks at Lionsgate. When the movie didn’t have as successful a debut as expected, it was theorized that this may have had something to do with having already seen it for free illegally. This didn’t sit well with the studio suits, so they reached out the long, muscled and very veiny arm of the law and have now made an arrest in connection with the case. As a result of a joint investigation between the UK’s Police Intellectual Property Crime Unit and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE), Homeland Security Investigations and the MPAA, a 26-year old UK man has been arrested in connection with leaking The Expendables 3 as well as three other films.
- When it comes to upcoming movies like Pixels and Inside Out are you perhaps experiencing a strong case of de ja view? (that’s the feeling you get when you know you’ve seen this before – thanks, Cougar Town!). Maybe that’s because you actually have, as you’ll notice when Cracked points out 5 Upcoming Movie Plots That Sound Suspiciously Familiar.
- Ok guys, you can stop your worrying now and actually sleep peacefully tonight: Rebel Wilson has confirmed there will be a Pitch Perfect 3. And yes, we know that Pitch Perfect 2 is not even out yet.
- If you’re thinking of perhaps reading Game of Thrones to your kids as a bedtime story, then… well, then you’re probably not good parents. But if you still want to do despite the disapproving letters from Child Services, then this is probably the version you want to use.
If you have anything you would like to contribute to Extras, whether it be interesting stories, funny videos, or artistic photos of yourself in morally questionable poses, feel free to drop a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: April 14, 2015