After three weeks at the top, The Dark Knight has finally fallen, to not one, but two new challengers. Which films were mighty enough to topple the caped crusader? More details, after the jump.
A Bourne interquel and Will Ferrell on the campaign trail have proven to be welcome draws at the box office, as the duo knocked the Batman down to third place, while Total Recall further plummeted down to the sixth spot in its second week at the cinemas. As for everyone else:
- The Bourne Legacy – $40.2 Million
- The Campaign – $27.4 Million
- The Dark Knight Rises – $19.5 Million
- Hope Springs – $15.6 Million
- Diary of a wimpy kid: Dog days – $8.2 Million
- Total Recall – $8.1 Million
- Ice Age 4 – $6.7 Million
- Ted – $3.2 Million
- Step Up: Revolution – $2.8 Million
- The Watch – $2.2 Million
Ted has been one of the big winners here, having made over $323 million worldwide. And considering that the film had a budget of $50 million, that’s a massive profit so far for the directorial debut of Seth “Family Guy” MacFarlane. As for the fourth Ice Age flick, that one has made over $764 million so far, meaning that more sequels can’t be far behind.
Last Updated: August 13, 2012