So who reigned supreme at the Box Office this weekend? Could the fugitive mammals from Dreamworks Animation secure a second week at the top, or would the prequel-busting horror of Prometheus finall stage a dramatic comeback?
For all that, and more results, hit the jump below.
The animals were indeed successful, as Madagascar 3 spent its third weekend on top once more, while Prometheus pulled a move from the face-hugger handbook and clung on hard and fast to the second spot.
Tom Cruise and co debuted in third place with the rolling musical, Rock of Ages, while the latest Adam Sandler comedy, That’s my boy, failed to make much of an impression, as it landed in fifth place.
- Madagascar 3 – $35.5 Million
- Prometheus – $20.2 Million
- Rock of Ages – $15 Million
- Snow White and the Huntsman – $13.8 Million
- That’s my boy – $13 Million
- The Avengers – $10 Million
- The best exotic Marigold Hotel – $8.8 Million
- Moonrise Kingdom – $2.2 Million
- What to expect when you’re expecting – $2.1 Million
As for departures, this weekend also saw big budget releases such as Battleship and the Dictator put out to pasture, as the two films wrapped up their five week stay in the top ten.
Last Updated: June 18, 2012