So, who ruled the box office in the influential United States of America last weekend. Unsurprisingly, The Avengers were still at the number one spot, but the focus was more on how much of a dip profits would take, after a successful debut.
Could Hulk smash in some more dollars this weekend, and show Tim Burton and Johnny Depp how to really make a dent at the box office? Read on to find out.
The Avengers has now made over a billion dollars in just 19 days, joining an exclusive club of films with such high grosses, while also setting a record for the best second weekend take, after a debut.
Meanwhile, Johnny Depp and Tim Burtons latest partnership, Dark Shadows, made a respectable second place dent at the box office, although the lack of schawarmas in that film could hurt it in the long run.
Here’s a look at who made what:
1. The Avengers – $103 Million
2. Dark Shadows – $28.8 Million
3. Think like a man – $6.3 Million
4. The Hunger Games – $4.4 Million
5. The lucky one – $4 Million
6. The Pirates! Band of misfits – $3.2 Million
7. The five year engagement – $3.1 Million
8. The best exotic Marigold Hotel – $2.6 Million
9. Chimpanzee – $1.6 Million
10. Girl in progress – $1.3 Million
Last Updated: May 14, 2012