Rugby Challenge 3, the next game in the very successful series was announced ages ago – but nobody’s really been able to nail down a specific release date – and trust me, people have been asking Tru Blu and the game’s new developer Wicked Witch plenty.
What makes this game better than other ones – and something people want so much? For starters, it’s going to feature the digital likenesses of your favourite Springboks – along with others like England, the Wallabies and more.
“Now with some great new features, we have the Rugby game fans have been sweating to play. We feel that all the thrills and excitement of top-flight Rugby have been truly recreated in Rugby Challenge 3.” said Tru Blu Managing Director, Sebastian Giompaolo.” A multitude of elements have been skilfully reworked, to ensure the fans get the best Rugby gaming experience.”
And now, it has a release date. You’ll be able to pick up Rugby Challenge 3 on your console old or new – on April 22.
The game’s feature list is expansive, driven – according to True Blu – by fan requests.
- NEW! Rugby Sevens – this first time addition brings all the realism and fast-paced action of live seven-a-side Rugby to the Rugby Challenge series.
- NEW! Take total control in Be a Pro mode. Join a club team as a rookie and control your own destiny over 13 action packed seasons. Complete match goals to improve your skills as a player and work towards becoming the captain of your club. Work your way up the domestic ladder, and impress selectors to play for your national team on the world stage!
- NEW! FanHub – the interactive Player Creator allows you to create yourself as a player and play then through the ranks. Players and teams can be shared online across all supported platforms.
- BRAND NEW! Crisp next gen graphics – increased resolution and textures. Real-time commentary from seasoned rugby commentators Grant Nisbett and former All Blacks turned commentator Justin Marshall. French language commentary from Eric Bayle and Thomas Lombard.
- Play in different game modes including: Single Match; multi-team Competition; extensive multi-year Career Mode; Be a Pro Mode; and Online Multiplayer Mode.
- Play over 11 competitions including Super Rugby, the NRC and Currie Cup!
Here are some screens to get you excited. The last Rugby game – focused around the world cup – was unfortunately bit on the rubbish side. This should be much, much better.
Last Updated: March 17, 2016