Call of Duty : Black Ops for the Xbox 360 – the only version that actually works properly..ish – has gotten a title update, the 7th since the game exploded on to retail in November last year.
The update brings about some welcome additions to matchmaking, adds an in-game store (nickel and dime bonanza!) and fixes the game’s currently broken leaderboards. If you’ve pretty much given up on Black Ops, perhaps this patch mighty be the one to tempt you back.
Here are some of the fixes 360 players can expect :
– Matchmaking improvements to return higher quality results faster. This change includes settings that are tunable in the live environment, so tweaking may continue beyond initial release of this update.
– The in-game store now hides DLC map packs that do not match the language of the player’s disc to decrease the possibility of users downloading the incorrect language version.
– Calling in a Chopper Gunner immediately after getting shot down in a Gunship will no longer end the Chopper Gunner run prematurely. Required timing-specific button presses.
– Split screen players are now able to change camera perspectives and cycle through players as a spectator.
– Addressed an issue where the most recent match played in Zombies could overwrite the best match played on the leaderboard.
– Improved Zombies lobbies to prevent players from erroneously receiving the error “Unable to join game session” under certain circumstances.
– Addressed a number of community-discovered Zombies gameplay exploits.
– Additional security feature updates.
– Additional sniper rifle tuning.
So when can PS3 gamers expect a similar patch? According to Treyarch’s community manager Josh Olin, the game will get fixed alongside the release of the First Strike DLC that hits the PSN on March 3. Will it no longer be an unplayable mess? I sincerely hope so.
Source : Call of Duty
Last Updated: March 1, 2011