Today, Gamescom opened up to the general public – but yesterday it was all about the press. They’ve had their look, and an â€œexpert jury of national and international media, press, and trade representativesâ€ has already declared their winners of Gamescom.
Here’s the full list of winners.
- Best of Gamescom: Battlefield 3, DICE, Electronic Arts
- Best Hardware: PlayStation Vita, Sony Computer Entertainment
- Best Console Game: FIFA 12, EA Sports, Electronic Arts
- Best Mobile Game: Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Bend Studio, Sony Computer Entertainment
- Best Online Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare, Electronic Arts
- Best PC Game: Diablo III, Blizzard Entertainment, Activision
- Best Browser Game: The Sims Social, EA Play, Electronic Arts
- Best Family Game: Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster, Double Fine, Warner Bros. Interactive
As you can see, EA cleaned up big time; winning best of show, best console game, best online game and best browser game. Leave it to the Europeans to choose football as the best consoles have to offer. Sony nabbed best hardware for its delicious PlayStation Vita, as well as best mobile game, for Drake’s handheld adventure, Uncharted: Golden Abyss. Best PC game, predictably, went to Blizzard’s hugely anticipated Diablo III, which has all but been confirmed as console-bound. It might no longer be exclusive to the press, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have lots more Gamescom news coming your way.
Source : Edge
Last Updated: August 18, 2011