A job listing on Edge Online from Media Molecule has gotten us wondering what exactly they could be working on, now that LBP has had a good run and the DLC is streaming out smoothly.
Is it LittleBigPlanet 2, maybe even LittleBigSomethingElse or is there the chance that they are working on something completely new. What we do know is that Media Molecule have already planned for the game to be “groundbreaking” by the words in their job listing.
The job being offered requires that the person be very good at maths, very good at programming physics as well as also previously shipping a game with an online component, but there is also a lot more in that list.
On top of the usual offer of a competitive salary and bonuses and all of that jazz, they interestingly added that they will also get “organic fruit and the odd glass of champagne! “
The full job listing after the jump. Do you guys think it’s another LittleBigPlanet, or are Media Molecule up to something completely different?
Gameplay Programmer – Media Molecule
- Experience writing and maintaining physics code
- Experience writing and maintaining gameplay code (e.g. controls, scoring, hud, enemy behaviours etc.)
- Strong code architecting skills. You will be expected to maintain and improve the existing code and data structures
- Need to be an all rounder and comfortable moving back and forth between the technical details of low level physics programming, general tech, and more creative gameplay programming. At Media Molecule, there is no strong division between these areas.
- Platform expert in C / C++ programming
- Exceptional attention to detail along with good critiquing skills
- Ability to take direction and â€˜run with it’
- Strong team player
- Strong communicator
- Shipped a console game with an online component
- 2+ years industry experience
- A demo
- Strong maths skills
- Experience of PS3 programming and SPU programming a big plus
- Assembler / microcode knowledge, e.g. PS2 VU or PowerPC assembly
Last Updated: June 23, 2009