In an interview with Kotaku at E3 last week, SEGA of America president Simon Jeffery let some information slip past by mistake about Resident Evil 5 coming to the Wii.
Whilst discussing their new Wii game, Mad World, and it’s place in the casual world of the Wii, he spoke about how there are more games of this nature heading to Nintendo’s console that will help the problem it is having with maintaining interest after the console has been purchased and starts collecting dust.
More after the jump.
Kotaku then reports:
“Talking to Capcom’s Chris Kramer outside the publisher’s E3 meeting room, he seemed genuinely surprised to hear of such a product. We told him that we already knew about the existence of Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop and he suggested that Mr. Jeffery was simply confusing the two products.”
Are they just denying it all or was it a genuine mistake? Simon Jeffery later said in an email that “We’d been discussing the Res Evil 5 showing at the Microsoft event earlier, and it was still on my brain – that’s all,” he wrote in an e-mail.”
It would be really great if Resident Evil 5 does come to the Wii soon. RE4 enjoyed a large amount of praise on the Wii, so I think that it is inevitable that we will be seeing it on the Wii at some point or another.
However, I think that the developers will be putting all their time into the next-gen versions for now and will only look at all the downscaling and restructuring needed for it to run on the Wii at a later stage.
Last Updated: July 24, 2008