If there’s one thing that I’m remembering 2011 for, its the insane amount of quality games that were released this year. That, and the fact that my thumbs now sport permanent analogue controller indentations in them.
Needless to say, we played a lot of games this year, and the stat-tracking service from Raptr has recently published a list of which games received the most individual love and attention. Statistics after the jump.
According to Raptr, the most popular games are:
- Most Played Game – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Most Played Shooter – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Most Played RPG – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Most Played Open-World Game – Batman: Arkham City
- Most Played Sports Game – FIFA Soccer 12
- Most Played Social Game – The Sims Social
- Most Played New IP – L.A. Noire
- Most Successful Paid to Free-to-Play Game – DC Universe Online
Other report highlights include:
- Skyrim players would take over 80 hours to unlock the “Reader” Achievement, which required players to read fifty books
- Less than one percent of players rescued all the hostages in Arkham City
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 players who completed the single-player game only made up 50% of the audience
- On average, FIFA 12 fans played more in the opening month than Modern Warfare 3 fans did in its opening month! (37 vs. 31 hours)
- Hats are important when investigating crime scenes. 65% of players completed a fight without losing their hat in LA Noire
So how does your gaming list stack up to this? Let us know below in the comments about which particular game earned your dedication.
Last Updated: December 9, 2011