Okay I’ll admit that the headline is a lie*, not the fact that Splinter Cell Conviction is delayed but that we know why.
I do however have some theories which are based on very little fact but lots of conjecture.
All we know for sure so far is that we aren’t going to be seeing Sam until early next year at the earliest.
Here are my top 5 reasons for the delay in whatever order they enter my skull.
- The game isn’t working and needs more polishing
- Sony are making a play for PS3 port
- Sam saw how good Uncharted looked and didn’t want to be put into competition with it
- Halo ODST – If it says Halo you hide from it
- Activision Oops Ubisoft is upset with the effect the recession is having on their bank balance and has now decided to hold some of it’s better titles back until the rest of the world has the money to afford them. It doesn’t make business sense to release a AAA title like Conviction at the same time as MW2.
Not that I think any of those points are more valid than the other or anything.
Honestly Conviction has been delayed so many times I am starting to wonder whether or not it is ever going to get released.
*or is it
PS: And Red Steel has also been delayed, but I am way more interested in Splinter Cell: Conviction
Last Updated: July 28, 2009