If you’re like me, you played with toy soldier, those immobile, green plastic army men when you were a kid. If you’re like me, you spent most of that time melting them using the magic of a magnifying glass and the sun’s focused heat. You were also probably pleasantly surprised by Toy soldiers, the tower-defence strategy game that hit Xbox live last year.
If you enjoyed it as much as I did, you’d be please to know that signal Studios has announced a sequel.
Called â€œToy Soldiers : Cold War,â€Â the sequel brings with it co-op and a host of other features. As the name implies it involves the cold-war super power USA and USSR going at it using plastic armaments.
Here’s what you can expect :
Toy Soldiers: Cold War features:
- Fight the good fight! The Wall did not come down! Control the entire might of the Stars and Stripes to stop the invading forces of the Evil Empire! On land or in the air – drive, fly, and battle your way to victory!
- Highlights: Command the USA and USSR armies with brand new modern weapons and vehicles. Multiple Attack Barrages, Co-op or Single Player Campaign, improved Multiplayer Action, Co-op Survival Modes including Classic, Lockdown, and Hardcore, and fast-paced competitive Mini-Games!
- New Co-op Mode: Join forces with your friends and play on the couch or over Xbox LIVE in Campaign or Survival modes.
- Modern Drivable Units: Hulking battle tanks, fierce attack helicopters, explosive fighter jets, ATVs and more!
- Attack Barrages: Expanded barrage rewards, including First Person Special Forces soldiers, AC-130 gun ships, B-52 bombers, Artillery strikes and Nuke missiles.
- Intensely Addictive Mini-Games! Take a break from the main battle and compete with friends online to rack up the high score in playful mini-games. Hidden challenges in each level encourage replayability and reward player skill.
- New Secondary Turret Features: Grenade launchers, cluster bombs, scopes, missile locks, tactical vision, Overcharge Mode and more!
- Additional Unit Trees: Take down the enemy with WD-40 flame throwers, fireworks, and bug spray!
- Improved: Replayability is improved with Checkpoint Rewind; new and sophisticated driving physics; revamped dynamic destructible environments; new enemy wave behaviors and AI.
No word on release date or price just yet, but you can expect it to attack Xbox Live later this year.
Source : Signal Studios
Last Updated: March 10, 2011