Let’s be honest here: Batman doesn’t stand a chance against Superman. Especially the Superman that was born out of Man of Steel. This was a last son of Krypton who could have an entire building collapse on him and walk away without a scratch. A super-powered vigilante who could probably sneeze the dark knight into orbit.
And as massively biased as I am towards the caped crusader, I don’t see Batman V Superman ending well for him. Of course, none of that matters because I’ll be at my local IMAX on opening day, ready to watch the Bat of Gotham go head to head with Superman in a suit of armour that could do with some Iron Man modifications.
And it’s that Frank Miller-inspired suit, that resonates massively with me. If you’ve ever read The Dark Knight Returns (Or watched!), you know exactly what I’m talking about. And the Hot Toys replica is ready to make Superman bleed:
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
The Armored Batman Sixth Scale Collectible Figure specially features:
- An authentic and detailed likeness of Batman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
- One (1) Batman head with LED light-up eyes (white light, battery operated) and two (2) interchangeable lower part of faces by patented Interchangeable Faces Techniques capturing Ben Affleck’s facial expressions
- Approximately 33 cm tall
- Muscular body with over 30 points of articulation
- Seven (7) pieces of interchangeable armoured palms including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- One (1) right palm for holding grenade gun
- One (1) right palm for holding grapple gun
- One (1) gesturing right palm
- Each head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- One (1) meticulously crafted metallic coloured Batman armour with weathering effects
- One (1) specially tailored Batsuit
- One (1) black cape
- One (1) utility belt
- One (1) pair of metallic grey forearm gauntlets
- One (1) pair of metallic grey boots
- One (1) grapple gun
- One (1) grenade gun
- Two (2) grenade gun ammos (in closed mode and opened mode)
- Specially designed Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice themed figure stand with Armoured Batman nameplate and the movie logo
Unlike that fight with Superman, this Batman isn’t going to go easy on your wallet. The Armoured Batman V Superman dark knight will set you back $249.99, and is expected to ship sometime between August and October.
Last Updated: January 29, 2016
January 31, 2016 at 18:48
That interchangeable mouth……
The Grand Admiral Chief Prime
February 1, 2016 at 07:01
You know, I really don’t like it when toys/collectibles are released even before the movie is released.
February 1, 2016 at 07:13
If you have R5K to spend on a desk toy, I don’t like you.
February 1, 2016 at 19:57
Guys, I’ve actually pre-ordered this figure for my collection. Help.