Let’s say that you can pick any suit of armour in the Stark armory. Any of the various “prostheses”, from the Starboost armour for interplanetary flight to the heavy-lifting Igor. Which one would you go for? Personally, I’d go for the War Machine armour. Because if I was wearing one of those suits, the power would go to my head quicker than a crackpot third-world dictator in office on day one.
The War Machine armour is outfitted to the max and bustling with all manner of weaponry. It’s also human-sized and therefore lighter and quicker than the Hulkbuster armour. And in the upcoming Captain America: Civil War, it’s gotten one hell of an upgrade from its Iron Patriot incarnation:
Following the events of Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron, Captain America and the Avengers continue to protect the world, but the team becomes fractured into two opposing factions, one led by Captain America and another by Iron Man, after extensive collateral damage prompts the government oversight and accountability for the Avengers.
Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys are very excited to firstly introduce a member of Iron Man’s team in Captain America: Civil War – the new sixth scale War Machine Mark III Collectible Figure to the MMS Diecast series. This collectible figure is made of diecast material and realistically designed to look even more like the armor as it appears in the film.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
The War Machine Mark III Sixth Scale Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of War Machine Mark III in Captain America: Civil War
- A helmeted head sculpt with an authentic likeness of Don Cheadle as James Rhodes and LED light-up functions (white light, battery operated)
- Metallic black and silver colored armor with white decals and weathering effects
- Approximately 32 cm tall
- Over 30 points of articulation
- Contains diecast material
- Hexagonal-shaped Arc Reactor on chest (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) interchangeable battle damaged chest armor
- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair of palms with movable fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of repulsor palms
- Each head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- One (1) articulated baton with LED light-up function (battery operated)
- One (1) articulated back-mounted machine gun
- Captain America: Civil War themed Team Iron Man figure stand with War Machine nameplate and the movie logo
PS, Rhodey’s suit password is most likely still “Warmachinerox”. And hopefully this year, he’ll have a new story to tell that doesn’t involve him dropping a tank on the front yard of a local despot.
Last Updated: January 11, 2016