There was only one new release this past weekend at the North American box office. And in the paraphrased words of Unreal Tournament, there was only one way to describe its performance. Dominating.
Yessir, Michael Bay’s most Michael Bayest of films took the box office with sheer unrelenting force over the weekend. Cracking the $100 million mark, Transformers 4: Age Of Extinction now has the second highest opening, slightly behind Revenge Of The Fallen ($108 million) and ahead of Dark Of The Moon ($97.8 million) and the first film ($70 million).
Having released internationally as well, Trans4ormers: Intentional Typo is now sitting on a total global haul of $301.3 million. Here’s how everyone else did:
- Transformers: Age of Extinction – $100 Million
- 22 Jump Street – $15.4 Million
- How To Train Your Dragon 2 – $13.1 Million
- Think Like A Man Too – $10.4 Million
- Maleficent – $8.2 Million
- Jersey Boys – $7.6 Million
- Edge Of Tomorrow – $5.2 Million
- The Fault In Our Stars – $4.8 Million
- X-Men: Days Of Future Past – $3.3 Million
- Chef – $1.6 Million
Godzilla departs the top ten this week. It’s been a big win for the big G, as his recent seven week reign at the box office has netted that film over $479 million worldwide. Not bad, not bad at all Gojirra. Expect the sequels to make even more cash when they arrive. Eventually.
Last Updated: June 30, 2014