Face the facts true believers, as it looks like the best film of the year has already come and gone. The Avengers has been a billion dollar experience so far, and like many great films, it’s going to be raking in a ton more cash when it hits the home release circuit.
So when exactly is the Disney-owned superteam going to be arriving on the bluest, rayest of discs and lesser resolution formats? Spetember 25, stateside to be exact.
Here’s a look at the special features to expect, when future best actor nominee, the Hulk, slips into your movie player.
The Avengers will release on a two disc set on DVD and Blu-Ray, as well as a super duper 4 disc Blu-Ray set that includes:
• Audio commentary by director Joss Whedon
• Marvel one-shot: Item 47
• Second screen
• Gag reel
• Deleted Scenes:
– Alternate Opening – Maria Hill Interrogation
– Extended Scene – Loki & Barton Strategize
– Steve Rogers – Man Out of Time
– Nick Fury & World Security Council
– Extended Viaduct Fight – Raw Footage
– Fury & Hill Discuss the World Security Council
– Extended Scene – Banner and Security Guard
– Alternate Ending – Maria Hill Interrogation
– A Visual Journey
– Assembling the Ultimate Team
• Soundgarden music video – “Live to Rise”
Sounds pretty awesome so far. It’s a day one buy for me, but what about you fellow Hulkamaniacs? Will you be investing in a retail copy of this movie?
Last Updated: May 21, 2012