A multiplayer game is only as good as the support it gets, AMIRITE? Battlefield Hardline is still a child of a game. It has only been out for around a month, and as is the going trend with most titles that launch these days, is far from being a perfect product. It’s something Visceral are looking to remedy somewhat with the game’s first big update.
- Punkbuster fixes – We’re addressing some of the heavy CPU usage seen by players
- Nvidia DirectX driver fixes – We’re working with our partners at Nvidia to create new drivers to prevent the most common crash issues
- Extended Conquest time – We’ve extended the length of Conquest matches by increasing the number of tickets on both Large and Small
- Fixed TDM spawns – We’ve adjusted spawn points and the spawn system for better TDM spawning
- Multiple weapon balance tweaks – We’ve addressed some common complaints with the weapon balance, there will be more coming soon
An extensive list of bug fixes and gameplay changes can be found right here. If the change you’ve been clamouring for is nowhere to be seen, best you let Visceral know. Thaddeus Sasser, the lead MP Design on Hardline, has called for constant feedback from the community:
“Remember that fixes will always run behind community sentiment; we’re still working hard every day to improve the gameplay experience to make Battlefield Hardline even more fun. Keep sharing your feedback with us!”
It seems like a solid patch overall. There are no details regarding its release date however, but it should be out fairly soon. What do you think; is there something missing, or have all your wildest dreams of the perfect patch been met?
Last Updated: April 16, 2015