I adored Black Ops. You can give me endless grief about enjoying the other Call of Duty games, because I clearly deserve that. But the Treyarch Call of Duty games are special to me. It’s not just because they had better stories and zombies, but because there were hidden extras in those games. Extra games, tweaks and cheats.
You just don’t get that these days. Developers just don’t want to go through that kind of effort, if they can’t wring a few extra bucks out of you for it. But Black Ops 3 is once again filled with extras. Including something that I thought was extinct in video games today: Cheat codes. Here’s how to get the menu for that option.
In order to open you the menu, you need to do the following according to Reddit chap Ron_Scottznbrgr:
- Open the data vault in your campaign hub
- Go to the top left corner of the screen and highlight the odd “S” logo, which will make your cursor vanish.
- Now hold two of the shoulder buttons, either the left ones or the right ones
- Press Square and Triangle (PS4) or X and Y (Xbox One)
And hey presto! You now have access to the cheat codes menu. What the cheat codes are at this point, still need to be uncovered. I’ll update this post as soon as I have more info on them. But so far Ron_Scottznbrgr did uncover the following code:
- MANIFEST – Sets your Fabrication Kits to 100. Cannot be used again, permanent
Personally, I’m hoping that there’s a big head cheat code, for enemy soldiers, that can be combined with a sparkly glitter option that replaces all the blood in the game. It’s not a horrific precursor to various traumatic stress syndromes brought on by war, if arteries spray sparkles!
Last Updated: November 9, 2015