Good news multiplayer enthusiasts, EA will be launching a multiplayer open beta next week. I’m not particularly a fan of “multiplayer all the things!” but hey, this could be awesome. Fingers crossed.
The open beta will be available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on 29 January and will run for two weeks before the game launches on 22 February. It’s kind of late for an open beta; it’s really close to the release. This can only mean that developers, Crytek already have most of what they need and are almost satisfied with their multiplayer – and just want to give their servers a test run. At least that’s what it looks like.
“With Crysis 3 we are delivering the deepest, most robust Crysis multiplayer experience yet,” said Cevat Yerli, CEO of Crytek. “We have listened closely to our fans and have evolved the multiplayer in Crysis 3 by adding a host of new gameplay features including the unique Hunter mode, deadly new weapons like the Predator bow, deeper loadout and unlock options, enhanced upgrade systems and more social features like the New York Feed. Top it all off with the ultimate weapon in the Nanosuit and you have a multiplayer experience that is unlike anything else out there.”
Here’s a list of what you can expect, because I was way too lazy to type a bunch of paragraphs:
Two of the eight modes included in Crysis 3
- Crash Site: defend and secure specific locals (seems like the usual cap the point game).
- Hunter Mode: New to the franchise thismode pits 2 players vs. 10 (2 vs. 14 on PC). The two cloaked hunters will stalk their opposing CELL troopers armed with their batsuits, I mean, Nanosuits and the Predator Bow. Once a CELL trooper is killed the player will join the hunters in their fight t stay alive before the clock strikes zero.
Two of the twelve maps featured in the game
- Airport and Museum
New York Feed
- Social feed showcasing the accomplishments of players and their friends, offering challenges to complete.
New gameplay features
- Rip and Throw: allowing players to interact with the elements of the environment to use as weapons or shields.
- Control the Pinger: Control an alien tripod war machine.
Last Updated: January 24, 2013