Dark Souls II is coming to PS4 and Xbox One soon. As a result, it’s getting some cool new things. However, this doesn’t mean those who played it on older consoles will lose out – they’re getting the update for free.
It’s all a bit confusing, so Bandai Namco released this chart for those people wondering what features will be available on which platform:
As far as I can tell, Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin will be like a game of the year edition for those who want to grab it on the older consoles. For those who already have it, it will add some cool new things such as:
- Brand new NPC – The Scholar of the First Sin character appears throughout the game and will reveal a new path through the Dark Souls II universe. What will this mysterious new character reveal to players?
- Expanded item descriptions – Many items contain expanded descriptions to help deepen the lore in the Dark Souls II universe.
- New items – Players will gain access to a new item: the Agape Ring. When players equip the new Agape Ring, souls collected from kills during online play will be absorbed by the ring rather than the player. This allows players to control their online matchmaking experience by limiting their total souls collected.
- Online matching improvements
- New enemy behavior
- Covenant of Champions – Choosing to enter the Covenant of Champions will now allow enemies to continue to respawn after being defeated.
The game will be available on PS4, Xbox One and PCs with DirectX 11 on 7 April with updated graphics and performance as well as new enemy placement and gameplay enhancements. Those on older versions will get it from the 5th of February. Here are some screenshots to hold you over until then.
Doesn’t that one dog look like something out of The Last Guardian?
Last Updated: January 16, 2015