There’s more to Dark Souls III than just being mercilessly swatted in the face by an annoyed giant who reduces your health bar to zero within two sings of an axe. There’s also Covenants, a feature within the game that enhances the online side of Dark Souls III with added extras and challenges. provided that you can find them of course. And if you’d stop sobbing while assuming the foetal position in your bathtub, you’d be able to find them all with this handy guide.
STOP CRYING DAMMIT, IT’S JUST A GAME!
Warriors of Sunlight
An ancient talisman depicting a holy symbol bestowed upon the Warriors of Sunlight. Equip to pledge oneself to the Warrior of Sunlight covenant.Warriors of Sunlight are brilliantly beaming co-operators who place their golden signatures to help those in need, for it is their duty to deliver a great conquest to their summoner.
- The Warrior of Sunlight talisman can be found in the Undead Settlement.
- At the Undead Settlement Bonfire, go left through the corpse-house and towards the burning tree with undead worshipping around it. Go straight on until you reach more houses, near the end of the stairs going down.
- Go through the stone archway, and into the door of the first house ahead of you and into the room with hanging corpses.
- The talisman can be found after you fall through the gap in the floor.
- Rank 1 – 10 Sunlight Medal: Sacred Oath
- Rank 2 – 30 Sunlight Medal: Great Lightning Spear
- The player’s white summon signature is now golden
- The player will have a golden shine when summoned into another player’s world.
- Upon achieving one’s purpose when summoned, the player will receive a Sunlight Medal which can be bestowed to that covenant altar to achieve a higher ranking in the Warriors of Sunlight covenant
- When reaching a higher ranking, players will receive a set gift based on their rank
- If invading with the Red Sign Soap Stone active or the Red eye orb, your colour will be orange
- Members of the Sunlight covenant that invade have a prioritisation for hosts that already have an invader present, for co-op invasions
Way of Blue
Pale blue sheepskin parchment detailing the moon of an ancient accord. Equip to pledge oneself to the Way of Blue. Members of the Way of Blue are the beneficiaries of an ancient accord. When a dark spirit threatens them, a blue spirit will grant them assistance, and help root out the invader. Summoning takes place automatically while this is equipped.
- The Way of Blue talisman can be found in the cathedral with Emma, after the Vordt of the Boreal Valley boss fight.
- The Way of the Blue is a co-op covenant that allows the player to summon protective Blue Sentinels to your world automatically during an invasion.
Faded sheepskin parchment depicting the Darkmoon and a sword. Equip to pledge oneself to the Blue Sentinels covenant. When a member of the Way of Blue is threatened by a dark spirit, the Blue Sentinels, in compliance with an ancient accord, assume the form of blue spirits, and help to root out the leader. Summoning takes place automatically while this is equipped.
- At the Halfway Fortress bonfire by the Road of Sacrifices, you will find Horace the Hushed and the talisman.
- Alternatively turn in items in Anor Londo, to Company Captain Yorshka to get the talisman.
- Rank 1 – 10 Proof of a Concord Kept: Darkmoon Ring
- Rank 2 – 30 Proof of a Concord Kept: Darkmoon Blade
- Blue Sentinels will be summoned into the worlds of those who are in the Way of Blue, to help defend them from hostile invasions.
- Blue sentinels have a light blue phantom colour.
Blades of the Darkmoon
A silver pendant depicting the Darkmoon and a sword, the crest of the Darkmoon Knights, the original Blue Sentinels. Equip to pledge oneself to the Blade of the Darkmoon covenant. When a member of the Way of Blue faces a dark spirit, the Blades of the Darkmoon, by an ancient accord, help to root out the invader. Summoning takes place automatically when equipped.
- You need to have learned the “Darkmoon Loyalty” gesture from Sirris of the Sunless Realm
- Sirris can be found in Firelink
- Sirris will be hostile to the player if they have joined Rosaria’s Fingers prior to these quests
- Find the Dreamchaser’s Ashes in the Farron area
- Trade them to the Shrine Handmaid and then teleport away
- When you return to the Firelink Shrine, Sirris should be there.
- Speak with her and you will gai the Darkmoon Loyalty gesture.
- Go the Prison Tower bonfire and speak with Company Captain Yorshka
- Do the Darkmoon Loyalty gesture when prompted and you’ll be allowed to join the Covenant
- Alternatively, you can kill Company Captain Yorshka and for the Covenant item, but doing so will to rank up in the Covenant until you can start a new game+
- Rank 1 – 10 Proof of a Concord Kept: Darkmoon Ring will grant 2 additional attunement slots
- Rank 2 – 30 10 Proof of a Concord Kept: Darkmoon Blade (Miracle)
- Same effect as the Blue Sentinels covenant.
- Dark moon phantom colour is dark blue.
Sacred seal of Archdeacon Klimt, who served Rosaria, Mother of Rebirth. Equip to pledge oneself to the Rosaria’s Fingers covenant. Rosaria’s Fingers collect tongues in her name. Some do it to be reborn; others do it to help comfort their voiceless goddess.
- Can be located in the Cathedral of the Deep.
- You can turn in items at Rosaria, Mother of Rebirth to obtain the talisman
- Rank 1 – 10 Pale Tongues: Obscuring Ring
- Rank 2 – 30 Pale Tongues: Man-Grub’s Staff
- Rosaria’s Fingers allows players to be reborn. A Rebirth allows you to trade a Pale Tongue to reallocate all of your stats or change your appearance.
- You will have a maximum of 5 rebirths per NG cycle.
- Rosaria’s Fingers phantom colour is red.
A malformed vertebra found by the mad, with a queer symbol on its inside, proof of the shackles of the Gods. Equip to plegde oneself to the Mound-makers covenant. The mound-makers wish only to add to their mounds, becoming mad spirits whether summoned as co-operators or invaders. They are blithe to those around them, for in their minds, any kill might lead to another shackle.
- Before you defeat the Curse-Rotted Greatwood boss, go to the Undead Settlement starting area bonfire.
- Keep going right and past the rooftops with the pointed hat assassins and drop down where you will find an enemy who wears a cage on his back.
- Approach it from behind and press “examine”.
- A cutscene will appear and you will be teleported to the area where an NPC will gives you the covenant.
- If the Curse-Rotted Greatwood is defeated before acquiring the covenant, go to the entrance of the boss room after you have defeated the three Lords of Cinder.
- You can activate the summoning sign of Sirris of the Sunless Realms and join in co-operation. If you are successful, you’ll acquire the Covenant.
- Sirris must not be hostile towards you.
- Rank 1 – 10 Vertebra Shackle: Bloodlust Katana
- Rank 2 – 30 Vertebra Shackle: Warmth Pyromancy
- When a summon sign is used, you’ll be placed in the friendly phantom slots for the host.
- You can kill any phantom and the host.
- You also can attack and kill the enemies in the world of your host.
- You cannot enter a boss fog with the host. You’ll be sent away when the host enters the fog.
- If you invade a world as a mad phantom, you can only hurt other phantoms and the host.
- Killing a host will send you home with a reward.
- Mad phantoms will attack and hurt you as well as any phantom or host regardless of how you enter.
- The white phantom ring will not change your summon sign from purple to white.
- Whether you use the white soap stone, red soap stone, or the red eye orb a mound maker phantom will always appear as purple to you.
Watchdogs of Farron
Ancient medallion depicting the crest of a wolf. Symbolizes the pact with the Old Wolf of Farron. Equip to pledge oneself to the Watchdogs of Farron. The Watchdogs ensure that the warriors sleep in serenity, by taking the form of loyal spirits and hunting down those who would trespass the woods of Farron. Summoning takes place automatically while this is equipped.
- At Farron Keep, pray to the Old Wolf of Farron to obtain the talisman
- Rank 1 – 10 Wolf’s Blood swordgrass: Old Wolf Curved Sword
- Rank 2 – 30 Wolf’s Blood swordgrass: Wolf Knight’s Greatshield and Wolf Ring
- While the talisman is equipped, you can be summoned as a loyal spirit to defeat intruders.
- Farron phantoms are blue with a red tint.
The holy symbol of the Cathedral of the Deep, and crest of those who see beyond fire to the age of deep waters. Equip to pledge onself to the Aldrich Faithful covenant. The faithful ensure that Aldrich, Devourer of Gods, remains undisturbed, by taking the form of loyal spirits and hunting down those who would trespass the ruined cathedral. Summoning takes place automatically while this is equipped.
- In Irithyll of the Boreal Valley and the Pontiff Sulyvahn bonfire, go through through the door and left up the stairs.
- Go right through the valley of dead giants and through the door at the far end.
- On your left is a wall that can be struck to reveal a ladder.
- Climb down the ladder and fight the two crocodile/wolf – hybrid watchdogs that guard Archdeacon McDonnell, in the north-west corner of the room, to receive the talisman
- Rank 1 – 10 Human Dregs: Great Deep Soul
- Rank 2 – 30 Huamn Dregs: Archdeacon’s Great Staff
- Faithful phantoms are now blue with a red tint.
- You will be summoned at random times to defend the Anor Londo area.
Last Updated: April 12, 2016