We’re pretty much done with our E3 coverage for 2015, with maybe one or two stories still to come next week. Much to the relief of many a fatigued reader on this site. But it was a hell of a show. This year, I was joined by not only my plucky partner in crime Zoe, but one half of our dynamic cabbage duo, Alessandro.
It was a blast hitting the ground this year, as we ran from conference to conference, appointment to lunch and interview to hands on time with games. I guess you could say that we may have walked 500 miles…
Here’s a few interesting facts of our E3 coverage, since we’re in a celebratory mood:
- Number of E3 2015 stories posted: 200…so far.
- Number of times I fell asleep at the Sony conference: 3
- Number of times I shouted that I was awake when Batman or Disney Infinity appeared at the Sony conference: 2
- Number of times that Alessandro was verbally obliterated by an internet idol of his: 1
- Number of death stares I received from a certain developer who scares the crap out of me: 7
- Number of developers who love having Zoe around for interviews: All of them
- Number of free meals we mooched off on our limited budget: 6. Thanks PR people!
- Number of times that I thought I would die when my Polish pals decided to snap photos of Inglewood while driving: 5
- Number of press conferences that we employed sneaky tactics in order to attend: 3
- Number of people we had to swim through at E3: Too damn many
- Number of times I lost my passport: Only once, thank f***
- Number of times security tasered Alessandro: I lost count, it was funny every time
- Number of times we said “funk-tastic”: 453
What will 2016 bring when we hit E3 again? Hopefully more opportunities to show off my fly dance moves. Hopefully.
Last Updated: June 26, 2015