Certain trends in video games have become rather easy to spot over the year. First it was multiplayer codes that locked games to a single console. When the Wii U arrived, suddenly every new game had “asynchronous” features that required the use of a phone or a tablet. The latest trend being milked for all that it’s worth? Loot boxes.
In an effort to think outside of the box, publishers have instead jumped straight back into them. Forza Motorsport7, WWE 2K17 and Shadow of War are just a few of the games squeezing fans for a few dollars more with their take on random loot which can be delivered via a credit card shortcut. Now, Call of Duty: WWII is hopping on that trend with “Zombie Crates”.
According to some data-mining done by Reddit by user that232guy, these Zombie Crates will give players weapons, power-ups and consumables. They come in the usual form of Common, Rare, Legendary and Epic. Consumables also consist of discounts, weapon guarantees, keys, power-ups, special and regular weapons.
Coupons, Keys and Power-ups:
- Spawn an Elektromagnet power-up to earn twice as many points for a short time
- Spawn a Full Meter power-up to overcharge each player’s Special Ability meter
- Spawn a Reaper Strike power-up to instantly kill enemies with one hit for a short time
- Spawn a Max Ammo power-up to replenishes ammo and equipment for all players
- Spawn an Eclipse power-up to instantly kill all weaker enemies
- Equip a Flamethrower for a short time
- Equip a Panzerschreck for a short time
- Equip an M1 Bazooka for a short time
- Bren Guarantee
- Karabin Guarantee
- Lewis Guarantee
- MG15 Guarantee
- MG42 Guarantee
- Springfield Guarantee
- Walther Toggle Action Guarantee
- Elektromagnet (Double Points)
- Reaper Strike (Insta-kill)
- Max Ammo
- Security (Turns on all the traps)
- Eclipse (Nuke)
- Full Meter (Fills your special ability meter)
- Fire Sale
There’s a lot more in the original source link, in case you feel like digging through paragraphs of class perks and mods. Meanwhile, I’ll be sitting here as I convince Geoff that we need to hop on the bandwagon and start bundling all our news in loot box form. You might unlock an Elite Breaking News Crate, but chances are high that you’ll instead get a Common Destiny 2 Guide instead.
Give me all your money dammit.
Last Updated: October 9, 2017