A patch is finally on the way for Fable 2, set to drop alongside today’s â€œKnothole Islandâ€ DLC. This will hopefully fix the myriad of game-breaking bugs that have plagued what is an otherwise delightfully charming game. Unfortunately, no word on whether they intend to fix the broken co-op.
List of fixes :
– The Ritual/Monk’s Quest – Fixed the issue with the Abbott becoming unresponsive if you leave Oakfield before he finishes talking. This will fix the problem if you’ve already hit it, too.
– Rescuing Charlie/Rescue My Baby – after rescuing Charlie, you can now able to interact with objects. Will fix saves made when this bug was active.
– Guild Cave chest – resolves any issues with previously inability to retrieve items unlocked from Limited Collector’s Edition, website or Chicken Kickin’ game. If you’ve already hit this bug you should now get your items. If you’ve already hit this bug you should now get your items.
– The Spire (Pt2) – no more issues with ship captain being unresponsive. This will fix saves with this bug active however in order to free the captain you must go to Wescliff, leave the region and then return to it.
– The Hero of Skill (Pirate King) – you’ll no longer get stuck during Hero of Skill quest (Bloodstone). Should prevent the problem and fix if saved in a broken state, in some cases it is necessary to go to reavers mansion and allow his cutscene to play out in order to free up the hero.
– T.O.B.Y./Trouble In Bloodstone – you’ll no longer get stuck during T.O.B.Y. quests (Bloodstone). This problems manifested when a player hit one of the pirate king bugs above and so these may be remedied as above in cases where a save was made in this state – i.e. by returning to Reaver and allowing his cutscene to finish. In some cases this will not work.
– Your child – will no longer be chosen as an assassination target. This will clear the assassination quest if it was saved with your child as the target.
– Furniture Shop in Albion (Bowerstone) will now always have something for sale, it will fix cases were a save has been made in this state.
– Additional unspecified fixes
Source : Lionhead Fable 2 Development blog
Last Updated: January 13, 2009