The Kinect for Windows SDK (capable of creating sex games) that we reported on recently hasn’t gone live yet, but its website has, along with a bunch of information.
The site kicks off its main page with the following introduction:
Coming later this spring, the Kinect for Windows SDK is a programming toolkit that will enable researchers and enthusiasts easy access to the capabilities offered by the Microsoft Kinect device connected to computers running Microsoft Windows 7.
More after the jump.
The news came via a tweet to his family from Xbox LIVE’s Major Nelson that pointed to the new site that sheds light on the SDK that will be releasing later in the U.S’s spring. The commercial application will only be made available at a later date, with the non-commercial kit arriving first.
The site has the following to say:
With this SDK, you’ll be able to take advantage of:
- The latest advances in audio processing, which include a four-element microphone array with sophisticated acoustic noise and echo cancellation for crystal clear audio.
- Sound source localization for beamforming, which enables the determination of a sound’s spatial location, enhancing reliability when integrated with the Microsoft speech recognition API.
- Depth data, which provides the distance of an object from the Kinect camera, as well as the raw audio and image data, which together open up opportunities for creating richer natural user interface experiences.
- Highly performant and robust skeletal tracking capabilities for determining the body positions of one or two persons moving within the Kinect field of view.
- Documentation for the APIs and a description of the SDK architecture. Sample code that demonstrates how to use the functionality in the SDK.
This SDK is intended for non-commercial use to enable experimentation in the world of natural user interface experiences, with new state-of-the-art features planned for future releases that will continue to provide new ways to experiment.
Umm, OK so does that mean that we get our Kinect sex game then?
Are any of you going to be toying around with any of this, because I think that it’s important that we get to work on a boob-related Lazygamer Kinect application as soon as possible, don’t you?
Last Updated: April 14, 2011