Local developers Meltdown Interactive Media have submitted their upcoming racing game Monster Truck Racing – Extreme Offroad to Steam Greenlight as it launched last night. The game has a great retro look and according to its Steam page it’s 95 % complete.
From what I’ve seen the game has ample potential to be a great success as an indie title. Even though it has that classic arcade racer feel it won’t be a single player game only, gamers will be able to compete against other racers in high-intensity race sessions. The Online Multiplayer will also feature its own league with ranked leaderboards and sponsored trace tournaments where drivers can compete for prizes.
Seeing local games join the indie scene is way over due, maybe this will be some motivation for more local studios to create games and get it out there. Show your support by rating and favouriting this most amazing game on this page. Do it now!
Full list of features:
– 6 Exciting race arenas
– Sand, mud and snow track conditions
– Day and night racing
– Various weather conditions such as rain, snow and sand storms
– Over 40 strategic vehicle upgrades to tweak the performance of your truck between races
– Make manual pit stops to keep your truck topped up on gas and nitro, while keeping damage low!
– 2 Game modes: Single Player Race Session and Online Multiplayer Race Session
– Fully customisable race sessions in single player and multiplayer
Last Updated: August 31, 2012