An advertisement giving details for the as yet unannounced Hardened Edition seems to have pre-emptively let the cat – or exploding dog, as it were – out of the bag. Set to be unveiled at this weekend’s Call of Duty XP fan experience, the Hardened Edition includes some neat stuff, not least of which is a year’s membership to Call of Duty Elite, Activision’s community driven, stat tracking and skill improvement service. If you’re a hardcore COD fan – and if you’re considering purchasing the hardened edition you like are – it’s good news, because premium Elite membership also includes Modern Warfare 3’s DLC as an added bonus.
Here’s what the hardened edition contains.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 game with unique disc art.
- One year of membership in Call of Duty Elite.
- â€œFounder statusâ€ on Elite with exclusive in-game emblem, player card, camouflage, clan XP boost and other exclusive benefits.
- SteelBook case.
- PlayStation Network exclusive: â€œAnimated Timeline Theme.â€
- Xbox 360 exclusive: â€œSpecial Ops Juggernaut Xbox Live Outfit.â€
- Limited-edition â€œfield journalâ€ with more than 100 pages of â€œauthentic military sketches, diagrams and written entries.â€
No word yet on what the Prestige edition includes, with previous ones shipping with working night goggles and working RC Spy cars. We’re hoping for c4-charged Alsatian puppies.
Source : Wired
Last Updated: September 1, 2011