The Elder Scrolls Online seems to have done a full turn around since going free-to-play. Gone is the buggy mess that originally shipped in 2014, replaced instead with an improved game that people seem to actually enjoy playing. Are you one of them? Have you done it all and had your fill of the base game and ‘The Imperial City DLC’ too? Prepare to head back into Tamriel once more, because the Orc capital, Orsinium, is coming, and it’ll be packed with a whole lot of new content to enjoy.
Here’s an overview and trailer of what can be expected (via PC Gamer)
Orsinium, the once-great capital city of the Orcs, has long lain abandoned and in ruin. King Kurog, reigning monarch of the Orcs, has sent invitations far and wide to enterprising adventurers. Join him in rebuilding the city and returning it to its former glory. Your efforts and actions while in Orsinium and the mountains of Wrothgar have a direct impact on the reconstruction effort—the city will visibly transform.
If you’ve got an active ESO Plus membership, the Orsinium DLC will be accessible at no additional charge. Alternately, if you are not a member, expect to pay 3000 crowns if you want access to the following extra content:
- Over 20 hours of captivating story content and quests
- A long-awaited exploration of the culture of Tamriel’s Orcs
- A colossal new zone available to characters of all levels
- A new single-player progressive challenge, The Maelstrom Arena
- Quests and objectives that contribute to rebuilding the city of Orsinium, returning it to its former glory
- Two large public dungeons, Old Orsinium and Rkindaleft, featuring all-new challenges for both solo and group play
- Special harvest nodes that scale to the most advanced material type your character can use for crafting
- Six all-new, challenging world bosses
- Powerful new gear, unique crafting styles, and other rewards inspired by the history and denizens of Wrothgar
- Over an hour of brand new in-game musical score
Orsinium will officially launch on PC on November 2nd, Xbox on November 17th, and on PlayStation 4 on November 18th. If you want to experience it now however, it is already available on the Public Test Server. If you’re interested, you can find more information right here.
Last Updated: October 7, 2015