Despite not being the biggest fan of First Person Shooters, I’m really quite looking forward to Ubisoft’s Far Cry 3. Mostly to see if they’ve sorted out the problems that made Far Cry 2 – which would have otherwise been exceptional – a little on the tedious side. Increasing my excitement is the announcement of the game’s special edition – or “Insane Edition” as Ubisoft are calling it.
It’ll pack in all the all the digital content for the game; including an hour long single player mission called Monkey Business; as well as other extra single-player and multiplayer digital content. As far as physical extras go, you’ll get an essential island survival guide, really neat survival kit packaging and the insane Vaas Wahine bobblehead figure.
Here’s what’s in the Insane Edition:
- A 12cm Vaas Wahine with bobble head.
- Monkey Business – Discover Hurk, a new memorable character and quest giver, and his four unique missions (one hour additional gameplay).
- The Lost Expeditions – Two suspenseful action packed missions totaling over 40 minutes of additional gameplay and an exclusive weapon (The Japanese gun).
- The Hunter Pack – The M700 hunting rifle and its three collector’s skins.
- The Warrior Pack – A handcrafted dagger and two exclusive tribal tattoos.
- The Predator Pack – Four exclusive rare predators and a multiplayer bow.
- An ‘Insanity Guide’ containing hints and tips to help you survive the island.
We’ve contacted Ubisoft to confirm local availability – and we’re happy to announce that yes, we’ll be getting the Insane Edition. We can’t spill details on exactly how much it’ll cost when it washes up on our shores, but we’ve been told it’ll be surprising; in the good way – not in that bend over and pull out the Vaseline kinda way.
Last Updated: May 23, 2012