Phew, my wallet somehow survived the Steam Exploration Sale! It’s only temporarily safe though, as an inevitable Christmas sale is probably just around the corner. In preparation, I’ve upped my defenses to Valve’s platform tenfold, ensuring a guaranteed survival against another discounted onslaught. Hang on a second, who’s that on the horizon? A counter-attack? Oh thank goodness, they’re waving a white fla… wait a second. Humble Store, what are you doing? WHY ARE YOU WAVING THOSE CHEAP GAMES IN MY GENERAL DIRECTION? MEDIC!
The Humble Store is having their Winter Sale, and it’s going to have over 500 discounted games over the next fourteen days! Yes, I know you hate me for bringing this to your attention, but it’s because deep down I love you and want to see you go bankrupt. Here are some of my recommendations on the current specials.
- FINAL FANTASY IV – $7.99 (OMG old school JRPG)
- BROFORCE – $9.99 (local is lekker)
- Tomb Raider GOTY Edition – $7.49 (no brainer… great price for a great game)
- The Walking Dead: Season 1 – $6.24 (Decisions. ZOMBIES. Regret. What more do you want?)
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor – $29.99 (cheaper than local retailers at time of writing)
- Screencheat 4-pack – $9.99 (buy one get three free? Did Geoff do the maths on this deal?)
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent – $6.59 (NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE!)
- Alan Wake Franchise – $3.99 (more like lumberjack-ghost-murder-simulator AMIRITE?)
These are just a few of many discounted titles. Remember, there will be new sales for the next two weeks, so be sure to check the Humble page every day!
Also, 10% of every purchase will be donated to these charities: American Red Cross, Child’s Play Charity, Charity Water, World Land Trust, and Electronic Frontier Foundation. You won’t just be spoiling yourself this Christmas, you’re helping all of them too.
Last Updated: December 10, 2014