We knew that the Sims 4 was going to be the perfect playground for expansions. Of course you will need them all, especially when they let you not only simulate your home life, but now you can even simulate your working day. What more could you ask for… right?
EA has announced The Sims 4 Get to Work expansion pack. Here’s the trailer to show off some of the fun new things that your Sims can get up to:
According to the announcement, there are a whole bunch of new features.
- Become A Doctor: You rule the Hospital! Live the thrilling life of an emergency room Doctor and spend your days saving lives. Just make sure to stay focused as you’re treating patients, delivering babies, and performing emergency surgery.
- Become A Detective: You rule the Police Station! Grab your badge and start solving elaborate mysteries as a Detective. See what secrets you uncover as you investigate crime scenes, interrogate Sims, arrest criminals, and work your way from Cadet to the Chief of Police.
- Become A Scientist: You rule the Science Lab! Use your analytical mastermind to create crazy inventions as a Scientist. Collect unique specimens to craft diabolical creations like the Sim Ray and decide whether you’ll use your inventions for good or to torment your fellow Sims.
- Create Unique Retail Businesses: You rule your business! Create any type of retail business you desire including bakeries, clothing boutiques, art galleries, bookstores, and many more. Customize every facet of your business with Build Mode and watch the simoleons roll in! Select what items to sell, manage your employees as you see fit, and schmooze your customers to close the sale.
- New Career Venues: Spend your days saving lives at the Hospital, booking criminals at the Police Station, searching for alien life at the Science Lab, or chatting up customers at one of the many retail businesses you’ve created!
- Learn New Skills: Learn new skills to help your Sims create even more unique objects to enjoy in The Sims 4. Capture the picture-perfect photo or bake and decorate a delicious treat with the new Photography and Baking skills. Display your creations at home or sell them to earn some extra simoleons.
- Discover Aliens: Aliens have landed! Uncover which Sims are truly out of this world and discover the mysterious Alien dimension!
Wait, you can run a unique retail business? Seems like artisanal bakeries aren’t just limited to Soho in New York and London – they’re even encroaching on your Sims. I know, open a hipster boutique and finally sell some double monocles.
The expansion will release for Mac and PC in April and cost you a cool $40. I think that’s about the going rate for paying to become a “doctor” in a back alley, too.
Last Updated: February 5, 2015