I enjoyed Watch Dogs, but I never actually finished it. While I liked the gameplay a lot, that Aiden character was just so very bland, it was like playing as a gritty, strangely angry and revenge-fueled dish rag. This time around, Watch Dogs 2 is promising a much more interesting character, lively city and engrossing story. In fact, they have done so much to build upon the original game that they’ve released a video showing off the 10 improvements. Here it is.
For those who don’t watch videos, the list is:
- Driving – Driving sounds a lot more arcade-like and fun. Cars grip the road better, and ever vehicle comes with a boost, something you can chalk up to a hack or city-wide obsession with car modding.
- Hacking – While you still need to see what you’re hacking, thanks to camera drones “line of sight” has new meaning. Plus, there are simply more options: you can hack cars, turn people’s phones on to distract them or make the police interested in them.
- Side Activities – of course these have been revamped, including puzzle solving and some weird version of Uber where you pick up people with strange requests.
- Fighting – It seems Marcus has actually found a cool use for a lanyard as his weapon. Plus you can use a taser or send in gang members to soften up an area before infiltrating.
- Parkour – Marcus is more agile, showing more fluidity in movement and a lot easier to control.
- Flexible missions – Missions have clear goals and otherwise open design so that players can find a variety of solutions and complete missions according to their preferred play styles.
- Customization – Dress up Marcus in all manner of fun and weird outfits, and even 3D print his guns with silly and unique patterns.
- Sailing – Pay attention to the wind and set sail using the same basic mechanics as Assassin’s Creed Black Flag. Come sail away…
- A likable hero – Instead of a brooding vigilante, Marcus is more lighthearted, easy going and funny.
- Dogs – You can pet dogs on the street. Um, okay.
Honestly, as long as the hacking and stealth options are improved, along with a more interesting character and story, I’ll be very happy. I have a good feeling about Watch Dogs 2; I still agree with Geoff that it should be the thinking man’s open world game, and I think there could be some solid stuff in the franchise. At least, I hope so.
Last Updated: September 27, 2016
September 27, 2016 at 08:30
Improvement 11: We got paid by Sony once again to nerf PC port. (PS4Pro exclusive)
Spy Master Tokashi
September 27, 2016 at 09:32
They can say whatever they want, they can claim it is better blah blah … pfft.
On the end of the day, the delivered product will be judged and not their fancy words.
Once the hype train has crashed into the mountain, it is hard to get back to the level of excitement.
I will wait for reviews before I even think of buying it…
??????? ????? ™
September 27, 2016 at 09:33
Dayum, still need to play WD1……even though I have it
September 27, 2016 at 09:34
I enjoyed WD 1 was a fun game, one thing Ubisoft does it makes a addictive fun open world that I always get stuck on.