When I’m president, the chances of me using the entire national budget to bankroll a new season of Invader Zim and actual Iron Man armour are pretty much a given. I’m not just talking any armour mind you, but only the most lethal suit possible as I address criticism of my policies by lighting up parliament in a hellstorm of missile rebuttals.
Naturally, I’m looking at the War Machine armour of the MCU, and the Iron Patriot suit from Avengers: Endgame in particular. Basically a walking tank, the Iron Patriot is clearly the most American suit ever: Painted in the stars and stripes, decked out in all the guns possible and ready for a fight. What happens to the bald eagles that the suit came with? IT SHOT THEM ALL.
Hot Toys, with a financial boner that can presumably be seen from space with the naked eye at this point, are busy rolling out plenty of Avengers: Endgame toys and with a market that happily snaps up every Iron Man figure released by them every 27 seconds, this latest and final incarnation of James Rhodes in his trademark armour may just be the creme de la creme of the lot. Here’s a closer look at it:
This highly-accurate diecast collectible figure is specially crafted based on the appearance of Don Cheadle as James Rhodes/Iron Patriot in Avengers: Endgame. This figure features two interchangeable heads including a newly developed head sculpt with remarkable likeness as well as a helmeted head with LED light-up function.
The Iron Patriot features metallic blue and reddish-orange painted armor with streamlined armor design, LED light-up chest Arc Reactor and repulsors, articulated weapons featuring back-mounted cannons and shoulder-mounted missile launchers, and a specially designed Avengers: Endgame themed figure base.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
The Iron Patriot Sixth Scale Figure features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Iron Patriot in Avengers: Endgame
- One (1) newly developed head sculpt with authentic likeness of Don Cheadle as James Rhodes in the movie
- Movie-accurate facial features with detailed wrinkles and skin texture
- One (1) interchangeable helmeted head with LED light-up function (white light, battery operated)
- Approximately 32.5 cm tall
- Over 30 points of articulation
- Contains diecast material
- Special features on armour include:
- Metallic blue, reddish orange and grayish silver coloured painting on the sleek and streamline armour design
- 6 LED light-up points throughout parts of the armour (white light, battery operated)
- 16 LED light-up points throughout parts of the armour (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) pair of fully deployable air flaps on the back of the armour
- One (1) detachable chest armour to reveal interior mechanical design
- One (1) set of attachable cannon (attachable to forearm or back of figure)
- Two (2) sets of interchangeable forearm cannons (normal and missile firing)
- Two (2) sets of interchangeable forearm armour (normal and missile firing)
- Six (6) pairs of interchangeable hands including:
– One (1) pair of fists
– One (1) pair of hands with articulated fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
– One (1) pair of repulsor firing hands (white light, battery operated)
- Enhanced articulations on waist armour to allow flexible movement
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- One (1) pair of articulated back-mounted cannons
- One (1) pair of articulated shoulder-mounted missile launchers
- A specially designed movie-themed figure base with movie logo and character name
In case you’re wondering, yes it’s going to cost a crapload of money: $469 to be exact, because diecast metal ain’t cheap. The Iron Patriot is currently gunning for an October 2020 release date, although you might want to keep it clear of any Ant-Man, Giant-Man or Regular-Sized-Man figures in your collection.
Last Updated: July 24, 2019
Admiral Chief Umbra
July 25, 2019 at 08:25
Gots to git me sum FREEDOM
July 25, 2019 at 17:26
mother of hell thats beautiful