I hope you like the word “War”, “Realms” and Shakesperean speech because yonder over that horizon dost
This time, Marvel is heading into fantasy, as a story that first planted its roots back in 2013 is about to bloom with a conflict that will be waged across all of creation. Malekith the Dark Elf has returned from his exile in Niffleheim, and he’s finally ready to make good on that promise to tear the rest of reality apart.
Whether they be from Asgard, Midgard or Muspelheim, no realm is safe from Malekith’s demented quest for destruction as Malekith knows that the time is right for him to complete his campaign of conquest. After the Mangog attacked, Asgard was left in ruins and the Allfather Odin isn’t as strong as he used to be.
Which naturally means a whole lot of reading material for the event, that Marvel is ready to roll out to all four corners of their universe. While Jason Aaron and Russell Dauterman will handle the core six-issue mini-series, here’s the current line-up for April and May’s event which has tie-in issues aplenty. I SAY THE YAY!
- War of the Realms #1
- War of the Realms #2
- Asgardians of the Galaxy #8
- Avengers #18
- Mighty Thor 3D #1
- Thor #12
- Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #43
- Venom #13
- War of the Realms: Journey Into Mystery #1
- War of the Realms: Punisher #1
- War of the Realms: War Scrolls #1
- War of the Realms: X-Men #1
- War of the Realms #3
- War of the Realms #4
- Asgardians of the Galaxy #9
- Champions #5
- Fantastic Four #10
- Avengers #19
- Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #44
- Venom #14
- Thor #13
- Tony Stark Iron Man #12
- Giant-Man #1-#2
- Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #43
- War of the Realms: Spider-Man and the League of the Realms #1-#2
- War of the Realms: Punisher #2
- War of the Realms: Uncanny X-Men #2
- War of the Realms: New Agents of Atlas #1-#2
- War of the Realms Strikeforce: The Dark Elf Realm #1
- War of the Realms Strikeforce: The Land of Giants #1
- War of the Realms Strikeforce: The War Avengers #1
- War of the Realms: Journey into Mystery #2-#3
- War of the Realms: War Scrolls #2
All this and a suitably epic theme to go with the fight to save all the realms. The war begins, on April 3.
Last Updated: April 2, 2019
April 2, 2019 at 15:55
Best Marvel series I’ve read is still Civil War 1.
D, has anything from them been better, in your humble opinion?
Wait…I just referred to Darryn as “humble”?!