Welcome to The Extras! A daily dose of all the smaller movie related news, clips and just plain cool stuff that you might have missed!
- I don’t know when Disney are finally going to wake up and smell the vodka and give us that Black Widow movie we want, but when they finally do, they better use a title sequence like this!
Cut off one head, two more shall take it’s place. . . For this speculative title sequence of a Black Widow film I decided Black Widow’s villain would be. . . Black Widow. Yelena Belova, to be specific. Belova believes herself to be the superior Black Widow, and in some ways she is right. Swift and ruthless, Belova is the most talented assassin to graduate from the Red Room–and now she is Hydra’s most deadly weapon. At Belova’s side is a super-soldier of her own, Alexi Shostakov–the Red Guardian, who also happens to be Natasha’s former lover. When the new heads of Hydra make a play for the power of the infinity stones it is up to S.H.I.E.L.D.’s top agent to stop them.
- I hope you like your Flashes in your Arrows and your Arrows in your Flashes, because according to CW President Mark Pedowitz, they plan to have crossover between the two show with the same regularity as Darryn’s bathing schedule.
“The crossover was so successful, we will be making it a special event in fourth quarter every year.”
- Wait… So they weren’t singing about sandwiches in Pocahontas? Well, I’ll be damned.
- And the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sequel just keeps getting more interesting, as Whose Line Is It Anyway? funny man Gary Anthony Williams has been cast to play the previously reported Bebop. As you may recall, Bebop and his ever present companion Rocksteady, were two of Shredder’s mutated henchman, with the latter boasting the appearance of a rhino while Bebop’s DNA was mixed with that of a warthog. Lesser well known fact: Bebop also had a cousin on the Cape Flats who was a whiz at arcade games in the 80’s. He was called Two-Bop.
- Poster of the Day: Back To The Future trilogy
- Guardians of the Galaxy star Dave Bautista is about to get his martial arts on, as the professional wrestler turned actor will star in upcoming kung fu adventure flick Warrior’s Gate. The film will be scripted/produced by Luc Besson and Robert Kamen (who also teamed up the Taken movies) and will follow “a teenager who is magically transported to China and learns to convert his videogame skills into those of a Kung Fu warrior.” Bautista is obviously not the teenager. Also: METAPHOR!
- Everybody knows that recycling is important. And apparently nobody knows this better than Disney’s animation department.
- Looks like popular Mexican actor/filmmaker Diego Luna is about to get his rogue on! No, Bryan Singer hasn’t secretly gender-swapped the role of the popular mutant in the next X-Men movie, I’m talking about Star Wars: Rogue One, Gareth Edwards’ first of the standalone Star Wars Anthology movies. According to sources, Luna has landed Rogue One‘s male lead role opposite the already cast Felicity Jones. Unconfirmed casting also adds Ben Mendelsohn and Riz Ahmed to the list, with the former reportedly playing the movie’s villain.
- Ever watch some old movie from the 40’s or 50’s, starring Cary Grant or Audrey Hepburn or one of those other classic actors, and wonder why everybody speaks in a weirdly clipped, and posh accent? Well, that accent is referred to as “Mid-Atlantic English” and it’s also completely bogus.
- The other day I said that that Geek Nerd clock may be the greatest thing ever. I was wrong. This Captain America shield backpack may be the greatest thing ever.
- I know we’ve already shown you some interesting things about Mad Max: Fury Road, but here’s one more that you should remember when watching it: Don’t f#$king talk in the movie and turn off your bloody phone!
If you have anything you would like to contribute to Extras, whether it be interesting stories, funny videos, or artistic photos of yourself in morally questionable poses, feel free to drop a mail to email@example.com.
Last Updated: May 15, 2015