Welcome to The Extras! A daily dose of all the smaller movie related news, clips and just plain cool stuff that you might have missed!
- The moment James Spader’s Ultron-ny voice turned that once-cute line from an animated Disney Classic into the stuff of nightmares, it was inevitable. So here’s the Avengers: Age of Ultron/Pinocchio mashup trailer that you’ve all been waiting for.
- And speaking of the Age of Ultron trailer, you may recall that before it was leaked online last week, the plan was for it to debut during this week’s episode of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.. While that plan is now clearly scuppered (damn it, HYDRA), Marvel now has a new, arguably even bigger treat for fans of the show as over the course of the next two weeks, they will be unveiling additional footage from Age of Ultron on Agents. This is apparently a reward for the fact that the trailer has broken records, having been viewed over 34 million times in its first 24 hours.
- Poster of the Day: The Avengers: Age of Ultron fan created poster (because, why not?)
- EVERYTHING IS AWESOME! And that’s because it’s now been confirmed that writing-directing duo Phil Lord and Chris Miller will be returning to pen The LEGO Movie 2. They’ve handed over the directing reins to their previous animation co-director Chris McKay though.
- Deadline has a fascinating article in which they chat with Captain America: The Winter Soldier directors Joe and Anthony Russo about the fact that comic book movies still do not get attention from the Oscars despite some of their gigantic critical and commercial success.
- Ever wondered what people in Hollywood, from the big shot studio heads to the A-list actors to the lowly set gophers, actually earn in a year? The answers may surprise you (and make you exceedingly jealous). Especially if you’re a writer, in which case SURPRISE! A location manager and grip will both probably earn more money than you do.
- If your knowledge about Evil Dead starts with the fact that it stars a young girl, then you seriously need to watch this video on 7 things you may not know about Evil Dead. And I’m talking about the original here. Yes, there was an original, you young whippersnappers!
- And now for some science! Pajiba, using the time-tested analytical techniques of, well, finding pictures of people on the internet, now have undeniable proof that male actors age way, waaaaaaay worse than their female co-stars.
- It’s official: Elijah Wood takes the very best fan photos.
- So you want to break into the TV business? Well luckily for you I know a fool-proof plan to get on TV: Just be a 1980’s comedy starring Tom Hanks. After recent word that Hanks’ classic Big was being adapted as a TV series, now comes reports that Bachelor Party will be going the same TV adaptation route on ABC. Said to be “loosely inspired” by the 1984 hit movie, this new half-hour comedy anthology series will “examine relationships and the institution of marriage through the lens of three couples: one about to get married, another recently divorced and a third just falling in love. They experience the trial by fire that is the modern day, co-ed Bachelor/Bachelorette extravaganza.”
You may have noticed the word “anthology” thrown in there, and that’s because each season of the show is said to be focusing on a different couple. In today’s cancellation heavy TV landscape, that’s a very bold plan.
- X-Men: Days of Future Past is an incredible movie – and not just because it erased the worst X-Men movie from the timeline – but that doesn’t mean that we can’t make fun of it. Honestly.
If you have anything you would like to contribute to Extras, whether it be interesting stories, funny videos, or artistic photos of yourself in morally questionable poses, feel free to drop a mail to [email protected]
Last Updated: October 27, 2014