I loved last year’s Jurassic World. It was fun, had a whole bunch of nice homages to its predecessors, and Chris Pratt. Enough said! It also made a load of money ($1.67 billion!), so a sequel or two was a guarantee – and indeed it was later confirmed to be start of a new trilogy. Director Colin Trevorrow may not be returning to the chair for the second movie but has already said it will be much scarier and darker – a sentiment shared by the new director J.A. Bayona. Recently Bayona said to EFE that…
It will be darker and scarier than the previous film. Obviously when you have Chris Pratt, it will also be very funny. But it will be darker. It is a second step in a trilogy, and the second step is always dark as in The Empire Strikes Back or the Wrath of Khan, which are the examples you always get.
Well that sounds about right. It will be interesting to see what direction it will head in, I mean World was pretty scary at times! Bayona went on to say:
The film takes the story where it has never been before. To me, it surprised me. We are going to places where the saga has never been before, and at the same time we are paying tribute to the franchise. We will take it a step further. There are things that will happen that people are not expecting and they really are shocking.
Well let’s be honest, it won’t take much to take it to a place it hasn’t been before, as these movies aren’t known for their social commentary and depth for goodness sake! Still I am rather excited to see another movie with Pratt and his high-heel wearing costar Bryce Dallas Howard.
Trevorrow may not be the director, but the rather awesome chap co-wrote the script and will also produce the next film; which should be out in 2018.
Last Updated: October 18, 2016