Video game developer legend Shigeru Miyamoto recently held a press conferene in France and he has splashed out a load of new information regarding some of the best looking upcoming Nintendo 3DS games.
We are really excited because one of the big ones are confirmed for a 2011 release. More after the jump.
In the press conference which has been brought to us by Gamekyo in France reveals the following information no the upcoming titles:
Ocarina of Time 3D
- Game is done and dusted with Nintendo working on translations of the game which will be made available after E3.
- The game is an improvement over the original because the object management system using the touch screen is easier and it now runs at 30 frames per second instead of 20.
- The added Boss Mode was discusses where you can face all the bosses in the game again.
- Master Quest Mode lets you play in mirror mode, which reverses all the sets and causes enemies to move and look different than before.
- A support system is included and the game is compatible with the gyro (slingshot, bow, etc.).
- The game is finished and will have the same name everywhere.
- Like Ocarina of Time, it is compatible with the gyro which â€œgives a new dimension to the game.â€
Other interesting points of interest
- Mario Kart 3D will release on 3DS this year.
- Flipnote Studio will be heading to eShop. It will still be free, and will allow you to share your creations with friends.
- Nintendo is experimenting with several 3D concepts at the moment such a game where the player discovers what is being â€œdisplayed by moving different ways to see different facets. Objects can look like something particular, but could turn out to be something completely different once looked at from a different perspective.
- Currently, the firm is testing a game where images are only available to the left eye while another is only visible to the right. Miyamoto said this concept could allow for a game where you play with phantoms so the player would not necessarily see what happens them. Apparently, Miyamoto loves ghost stories.
- Nintendo thought a lot about possible connections between 3DS and a future home console, where 3DS can be used as a joystick. Nintendo is testing several options at this time.
At last year’s E3 I played early code of Starfox and also got to see a tech demo of Mario Kart 3DS and they both look absolutely awesome. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time has also undergone insane visual upgrades since the original released, so that list alone, combined with the news of a new Super Mario Bros 3DS title should give you more than enough reason to get really friggin’ excited.
Last Updated: April 26, 2011