I know what you’re thinking. How is a predictable film such as Think Like A Man still number one? That spot should have been hammered home by a certain team of super-powered heroes and villains already!
See, the thing is, is that The Avengers have yet to open in ‘Merica, meaning that for once, the rest of the world got to see a film ahead of the land of the free.
It’s opening there on May 4, so expect it to obliterate records next week instead. Now if you’ll excuse me, the stress of hearing this has caused Kervyn to hulk out, and I need to run for my life.
Here’s a look at the top ten US box office flicks, from a romantic comedy, all the way through to Edgar Allen Poe: Crime fighter. At number one;
- Think Like a man – $18 Million
- Pirates! Band of Misfits – $11.4 Million
- The Lucky One – $11.3 Million
- The Hunger Games – $11.2 Million
- The Five Year Engagement – $11.1 Million
- Safe – $7.7 Million
- The Raven – $7.2 Million
- Chimpanzee – $5.4 Million
- The Three Stooges – $5.4 Million
- The Cabin In The Woods – $4.5 Million
As for The Avengers, in International Markets, they’ve blazed through with a recent box office haul of around $180 million. Expect that number to climb massively when the Americans finally get to see it.
Last Updated: April 30, 2012