I’m still somewhat conflicted over Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. I liked it, but I didn’t like like it. Know what I mean? A solid movie with gorgeous visuals, I can’t help but think that something was missing. Some crucial ingredient beyond having more Donnie Yen on the big screen. Disney still got my money at the global box office and then some however, to the tune of over $1 billion. And they’re probably going to make plenty more coin when Rogue One hits home media as well.
Said release date for the fanciest of rays ever so blue will be on April 4, while anyone who happens to be a fan of only owning the movie can buy a digital HD download a few days earlier on March 24. Here’s the full list of blu-ray special features via Collider:
- A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept – and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
- Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
- Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance and passion.
- K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
- Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
- Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
- The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
- Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
- The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of “Star Wars: A New Hope” – as well as one of her most memorable foes – back to the screen.
- Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
- Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect “Rogue One” to the Star Wars
Honestly, I’d love to see more of that scene which occurred right in the final minutes of Rogue One. I’m not spoiling it here, but if you’re imagining a particular corridor of rebels realising just how utterly outgunned they really are, you know exactly what I’m talking about. If you’re looking for more Star Wars in the interim and don’t feel like waiting until December, don’t forget that Star Wars Rebels is heading towards the finishing line with the final crop of episodes in its third season.
A third season that incudes a long-awaited rematch between that fella from Trainspotting and the other guy who I use as a pun for half-off sales at the Maul.
Last Updated: February 23, 2017
February 23, 2017 at 09:23
That’s a little more purple than blue.