So apparently, my recent lapse in only watching Doctor Who has led me to miss out on a great show. About Vikings. According to James Francis, not only does it have a gripping storyline, it’s about as historically accurate as an Asterix book as well.
Which is something I kinda dig, meaning that I’ll be looking to grab the DVD boxset when it arrives. Here’s what you’ll find inside those high definition discs.
Vikings follows the adventures of the great hero Ragnar Lothbrok (Travis Fimmel), a Viking chieftain seeking to fulfill his destiny as a conqueror, alongside his ambitious brother Rollo (Clive Standen) and loyal wife Lagertha (Katheryn Winnick). Throughout his quest, Ragnar faces a path of betrayals and temptations to protect his freedom, family, and life. When Ragnar teams up with his boat builder friend Floki (Gustaf Skarsgard) to craft a new generation of intrepid ships capable of conquering the rough northern seas, the stage is set for conflict.
- Includes 9 episodes with extended and alternate scenes.
- The Armory OfVikings- an interactive feature that allows viewers to learn more about the history and legacy of Vikings armory and weapons.
- Conquest and Discover: The Journey Of TheVikings- an interactive feature that allows viewers to learn more about the locations and places Ragnar traveled to in his journey throughSeason 1
- Warrior Society: Viking Culture & Law – featurette that takes a closer look inside the fascinating system of laws, practices and rules employed by Vikings.
- Birth Of TheVikings: featurette that provides an all-access look at the creation ofVIKINGS.
- Forging The Viking Army: Warfare And Tactics – featurette that takes a behind-the-scenes look at the process of casting and creating the epic battle scenes ofVikings
- Deleted Scenes
- Commentary from Michael Hirst
Looks like an interesting show. No clue yet when this will reach us locally, but seeing as how it’ll be out October 15 in the States, it should be here in time for the holiday season. Thanks to James for the link.
Last Updated: August 1, 2013
August 1, 2013 at 15:57
Is this an adult series? I believe it’s by the history channel, so no naked ladies methinks…