Alcohol is the cause of and the solution to any problem in life. Now we’re not condoning the idea that you should drink irresponsible levels of your favourite tipple when watching a movie, but if you feel that you can enhance your viewing experience by getting ridiculously hammered, hey, that’s up to you.
And since you clearly are an adult who happens to be responsible for their own life and thus will render any possible lawsuit against The Movies and its staff null and void after you finish reading this sentence, here are ten particular movies that are worth playing a drinking game with.
According to some dodgy people that we spoke to. Gentlemen, get your shot glasses ready!
- Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back
The Film: Foul-mouthed chuckle monkey Jay and his heterosexual life partner hitch a ride to Hollywood in order to sabotage the Bluntman and Chronic movi, encountering jewel thieves, activists and an orangutan.
- Take a drink every time somebody drops an F-bomb
- Take a drink every time sex is mentioned
- Any James Bond Movie
The Film: Secret agent James Bond tangles with international criminals, syndicates and world domination plots while getting ridiculously loaded in bars and the bedroom as he protects the world with high-tech gadgets and well-timed one-liners.
- Take a drink every time James Bond gets a drink.
- Take a drink when the opening title montage starts up with some catchy music.
- Take a drink every time Bond uses a cheesy pickup line that somehow always works.
- Take a drink whenever Bond meets up with Q at MI6 to get new gadgets.
- Take a drink every time Q tells Bond to “pay attention 007”
- Take a drink every time there’s a sex scene.
- Take a drink every time Bond kills a villain/henchman.
- The Twilight saga
The Film: Rubbish vampires and rubbish werewolves get involved in an even more rubbish romantic story.
- Take a drink during every awkward pause.
- Take a drink every time Jacob whips his shirt off.
- Take a drink every time Bella gets depressed.
- Take a drink every time Edward sparkles.
- Take a drink every time you see a werewolf.
- Take a drink every time you see a different vampire.
- Take a drink every time there’s a camera shot of landscape.
- Take a drink every time Bella looks confused.
- Take a drink every time someone says that they’re in love with someone.
- Happy Gilmore
The Film: Rage-a-holic hockey player Happy Gilmore discovers that he has a talent for golf, and transforms the sport from boring to boorish with his juvenile antics. Also, Bob Barker kicks his ass seven ways from Sunday.
- Take a drink when something happens to Chubb’s hand
- Take a drink when Happy loses his temper
- Take a drink when the camera angle follows Happy’s “long drive”
- Take a drink whenever Ben Stiller appears
- Take a drink when Bob Barker kicks Happy’s ass
- Any Jason Bourne movie
The Film: Secret agent Jason Bourne comes down with a bad case of amnesia, but he gets better when the US government decides to kill him by throwing various other undercover agents at him because reasons.
- Take a drink when Bourne runs
- Take a drink when Bourne has a flashback
- Take a drink when Bourne uses an everyday item as a weapon
- Take a drink when Bourne drives a vehicle
- Take a drink when the camera starts having an epileptic fit
- Die Hard
The Film: Police officer John McClane experiences the worst Christmas ever, when he gets the gift of being trapped in a skyscraper full of well-armed thieves led by Alan Rickman’s ridiculously fake German accent.
- Take a drink when anyone uses a radio or walkie-talkie to communicate
- Take a drink when McClane kills a bad guy
- Take a drink when there’s a Christmas reference
- Take a drink when McClane talks to himself
- Shaun Of The Dead
The Film: Director Edgar Wright sends up the zombie apocalypse genre brilliantly, when he re-teams with his Spaced actors Simon Pegg and Nick Frost in this dark comedy horror flick.
- Take a drink whenever a ‘Pub’ or ‘The Winchester’ is mentioned
- Take a drink whenever somebody watches TV
- Take a drink when a loved one dies (Dylan Moran doesn’t count)
- Take a drink when somebody argues (Dylan Moran does count)
The Film: Male model Derek Zoolander can’t turn left, rival male model Hansel advises Derek to listen to Billy Zane and Will Ferrell is clearly taking crazy pills. BLUE STEEL!
- Take a drink when Zoolander does ‘the face’
- Take a drink when there’s a celebrity cameo
- Take a drink when Will Ferrell looks like his dog
- Take a drink when somebody says “blue steel”
- Any Indiana Jones movie
The Film: The most badass archaeology professor around risks life and limb to secure valuable artifacts for the benefit of all mankind, while managing to piss off various Nazis in the process.
- Take a drink whenever Indy reaches for his gun
- Take a drink whenever Indy nearly loses his hat, whip or other accessory
- Take a drink whenever the whip is used
- Take a drink when Indy’s progress across the world is shown on a map
- Take a drink whenever Indy mentions that he hates snakes
- Withnail and I
The Film: Two unemployed actors defy all reason by somehow surviving the consumption of enough alcohol to kill an elephant on a daily basis.
This game is a tad bit more difficult. Withnail And I isn;t just a legendary cult movie. It’s a legendary cult movie amongst even the most hardcore of alcoholics, due to Richard E Grant consuming 1980s rock star levels of various drinks.
The goal here is simple enough: Have a drink, whenever Withnail has one. If you want to make it more challenging however, you have to have the exact same drink that Withnail consumes. Which includes Gin, cider, ale, sherry, red wine and whisky according to this handy list.
Last Updated: August 13, 2015